Respected Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

@Puppy Lips 

Apparently, you know nothing of King Charles life. 

@occasionalrain Of course I know of his life.  I know he is busy with events and charities and whatnot.  My question is why him?  What did he do to deserve his massive wealth and privilge?  Oh yeah, he was born.  Well, we were all born.

Well what did you do to deserve being born in the U.S. as opposed to being born in extreme poverty in a third world country?

Esteemed Contributor

@lgfan wrote:

@Chessa35 

"@Tinkrbl44 : Tens of thousands of people had nothing to do on a Saturday morning and needed entertaining? Your way of thinking is quite entertaining!"

Exactly.  People had nothing better to do on a Saturday morning in the rain than to stand waiting for hours to see a coronation that according to some is no longer necessary.  

Sometimes it just takes a little bit of logic @lgfan 

Respected Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

No matter what our views are about the coronation, royals in any country, sports franchises, entertainment, politicians etc. I would hope that all would wish that there was less suffering for so many in our world.

I greatly admire billionaires who give so much and of their time as well-

Warren Buffet, Jeff Bezos, Rob Hale from Boston, MacKenzie Scott, Bill and Melinda Gates-a huge list.

It doesn't mean that people shouldn't enjoy what their money can give them at all.Their are so many good people in the world.

And you don't need to read all about history to have empathy and compassion for your neighbor, your children, or even yourself who are struggling every day to live .

None of us knows the circumstances of us on these forums. We should never assume that we think all here have means or haven't been through every aspect of financial distress or the opposite and still found time to care about others. Each and every one of us.

Uhh - I highly suggest you look into what they support and what their money goes towards before you decide to admire them. It's not all good as you seem to assume. And to keep on topic - the same goes for KC.

Honored Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud,

I have.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@ThinkingOutLoud,

I have.

So you're for depopulation (to name just one issue). Got it but it sure is pretty ironic considering your post was about having empathy and compassion for others.

Honored Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud,

I don't know to who you are referring to. I haven't read that.

I guess I am sorry for posting.

If you want to argue or oppose every post, I guess I'm out.

I know we have vastly opposing views on most every topic.

ETA-But @ThinkingOutLoud,

yes I see what you are referring to and I agree parts of that is disturbing, if true though he has witdrawn support for it.

Anyway I was just hoping to say that people can have vast amounts of wealth and still do great things for others. 

That's all.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor
@ThinkingOutLoud

Your twisted agenda and sources for news never fail to disappoint.
Honored Contributor
Back to the coronation:

Would everyone still be upset if Charles and Diana were still miserably married, and the public could pretend that there was a fairytale with a pretty queen?
Honored Contributor

@Chessa35 wrote:

Please don't flatter yourself , you don't offend me ! And one more time as YOU just stated , " it's about the Coronation and the Royals " . Not the gossip rag magazines .

You don't even fully read & understand comments yet strive to become the message board police, and tell other posters what to do?  Really? 

News flash:  we already have that position covered.  They are called Moderators and they do a fine job without any help from you. 

Esteemed Contributor
@Isobel Archer. Charles was born into a lifelong job with an income and benefits for life. Who else besides royalty gets that?
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead