Regular Contributor

I would like to buy one, if anyone can recommend one I would appreciate it.  I know TSV is one but I want one recommended.  Thank you so much.

Honored Contributor

@Mom in NY .  I have a Shark Navigator. I like it very much.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom in NY :Bissel Air Ram. Cordless, rechargeable, bin, no bags.

No tools, but works well on hard floors and carpet. Easy to store.

I bought mine at BB&B dot com with the 20% off coupon that's easy to find. Reasonably priced and works well. Not too loud either. HTH

Esteemed Contributor

I have an Oreck - love it.

Esteemed Contributor

From QVC I have Dyson Cyclone V10 Animal Pro Cordfree Vacuum

It lasts less than 10 minutes but that is enough to vacuum my floors.  I'd need to recharge to do more.  I love not having a cord! 

Honored Contributor

I bought a Hoover Platinum Cordless vacuum. I really liked it. It was powerful yet lightweight. And there was always enough charge to do the carpet and floors in one charge. 

Then our lives changed. We got a collie. And with dog hair and all the misc. stuff tracked into the house, I stopped using the cordless vacuum. I figured I was dealing with heavyweight debris.And went bought a heavyduty vacuum for pets.

But I still have the cordless. I know I will want to start using it again as I get older and get tired of the heavyduty and powerful vacuum I am using now.

Honored Contributor

Cordless are handy for quick pick-ups.  Never enough "juice" to vacuum my apartment in one session.

My mother had the same issue.

Honored Contributor

Re: Cordless Vacuums

[ Edited ]

@Mom in NY 

From reading reviews and talking to family/friends a cordless on a high setting lasts about 10 minutes (20 minutes on low if your lucky )....and not a good choice if you have pets....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I have a Dyson bought at QVC some time ago. I use it mainly for quick pickups but use the Dyson upright for all over cleaning.

When and if I get another cordless, I’ll get something else. No need to spend lots of money for a name especially since I’m on a fixed income. 😁

Esteemed Contributor

I loved my Shark,untill after only 1 yr I needed to buy a new battery for it $100

It also did not do deep cleaning,but I should have known that....lol.

My Carpet is looking better now that I am using my regular Shark  Smiley Happy