Honored Contributor

Re: Cops alerted to living baby by ""mystery voice"" from car

I got chills when I saw this on the news....freaky and cool....
Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

I think the voice was that of the dying mother, and what a beautiful mother she was. What a terrible tragedy for that family.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/10/2015 Cakers1 said:
On 3/9/2015 Topaz Gem said: If only one officer heard the voice then I might wonder, but four people heard it. I have no doubt that it was either angels or the baby's mother watching over her daughter. Now that the baby is okay, her mother can continue on her journey.

Your post says it best.

{#emotions_dlg.wub}

I agree. Such a lovely mom, she's watching from the other side.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

On 3/10/2015 Ford1224 said:

I think the voice was that of the dying mother, and what a beautiful mother she was. What a terrible tragedy for that family.

During the Anderson Cooper interview, one of the officers heard the soft, female voice say, "Help US". The media keeps reporting the voice as saying, "Help ME". If it indeed said, "Help us", then it's obviously the mother. That shows how strong a mother's love can be if she was able to stay around and watch over her daughter, facilitating her rescue until she knew she was okay. It has been determined that the mother died on impact or shortly after, so she was not alive when they heard that voice. I agree with others who said it gave them goosebumps.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Trusted Contributor

On 3/10/2015 Topaz Gem said:
On 3/9/2015 MrsSweetieBear said:

How do they know it wasn't the woman, the mother, calling out for help before she died? I'm more amazed that the baby survived in an upside down car for 14 hours!

It was obvious to the officers that the woman had been dead for many hours. Once they got them to the hospital, the doctors estimated that she had been dead for around 14 hours, based on the condition of the body. It looks like the mother was dead on impact.

Oh. The story I saw on the news didn't explain that the woman had obviously been dead for hours. I think the doctors must be mistaken is my take on it. I'm sad for loss of the mother. Amazed and happy that the baby survived.

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Honored Contributor

I believe that it was the babies mom that called to the officers for help.You know that ring that Shawn has...hear my soul speak.....I think the rescuers heard just that.
Trusted Contributor

They heard the Lord. He can do anything.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/10/2015 Tangerine said:
On 3/9/2015 MrsSweetieBear said:

How do they know it wasn't the woman, the mother, calling out for help before she died? I'm more amazed that the baby survived in an upside down car for 14 hours!

Yes my thoughts too.

I am assuming they know when she died because of the amount of rigor her body had. They know for a fact that she just didn't die. They use body temp, rigor and other methods to scientifically prove that.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

If you lie on the bed on your back with your head hanging off, see if anyone recognizes your voice.

The baby was upside down and it was her voice they heard.

Respected Contributor

On 3/10/2015 sophiamarie said:

If you lie on the bed on your back with your head hanging off, see if anyone recognizes your voice.

The baby was upside down and it was her voice they heard.

Well, yeah. I don't know about one's voice when upside down, but it was the baby crying, moaning, whatever. At 18 months a baby can talk; it just sounded like "Help us" whatever she was crying/saying.