Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

I get it. For some this seems to be a game of academic, technical, or statistical or political arguing.

Not those who have a loved one on a ventilator or friends or family who have died.

I get it now.

@on the bay   You have no idea who has had a loved one on a vent or has had a loved one who has died from COVID-19.

Nor do you know who has severely compromised loved ones who have been isolated since the beginning.  I haven't seen DS and family in 5 months.  They live 5 minutes away.

That doesn't preclude me from discussing the logistics of COVD-19.

It isn't a game to look at stats and other measures regarding this pandemic.

People hurt and express and share; people hurt and remain silent.  There is no right way or wrong way in that regard.

Nothing is mutually exclusive in this pandemic.

Nothing.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Cats3000 wrote:

Our bank branch opened a few days ago.  They require you to take a "mug shot" at their security camera before you can do business.  Don't like "contact tracing" of any kind.  Too much like "Big Brother" or "1984" or government snooping.  I'll refuse to participate to the extent I can.

@Cats3000   That is very odd.  Do they require masks?  Seems odd to take a mug shot if your face is covered. 

Where is all this information headed if a person is diagnosed with COVID-19??

Let's say a customer at the bank is diagnosed later on.  How is the information on that patient gathered??  How is it known where that patient has been?  Are the answers given by the patient always true and accurate?

I'm trying to understand-if the patient doesn't disclose he/she had been at the bank, how could the contact tracing work?

This is what I need to understand because if not disclosed and the contact tracing begins with that person-the how of it bothers me.

@Cakers3 , I wonder if this isnt more about preventing bank robberies, since so many folks are wearing masks.

Just a thought I had while reading your post.

Honored Contributor

@SeaGal wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Cats3000 wrote:

Our bank branch opened a few days ago.  They require you to take a "mug shot" at their security camera before you can do business.  Don't like "contact tracing" of any kind.  Too much like "Big Brother" or "1984" or government snooping.  I'll refuse to participate to the extent I can.

@Cats3000   That is very odd.  Do they require masks?  Seems odd to take a mug shot if your face is covered. 

Let's say a customer at the bank is diagnosed later on.  How is the information on that patient gathered??  How is it known where that patient has been?  Are the answers given by the patient always true and accurate?

I'm trying to understand-if the patient doesn't disclose he/she had been at the bank, how could the contact tracing work?

This is what I need to understand because if not disclosed and the contact tracing begins with that person-the how of it bothers me.

@Cakers3 , I wonder if this isnt more about preventing bank robberies, since so many folks are wearing masks.

Just a thought I had while reading your post.

@SeaGal   Interesting thought.  You see it on the news-a person with a mask robbing a bank but how do they identify the person?

Maybe clothing?

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Cats3000 wrote:

If you are diagnosed with Covid, generally from a testing lab, they are required to report positive tests to local health districts.  Contact tracing wouldn't work if a patient dooesn't disclose where they have been or who they were in contact with.  A quick trip to the bank or grocery store poses a low level of contracting the virus.  More concerning are more prolonged activities.  You can only hope people would be forthcoming with information to keep us all as safe as is possible.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@VenturaHighway wrote:

Our mexican restaurant has opened with the guidelines of the state. All employees must wear masks and only a certain amount of people can come in to eat.

I went to pick-up our order and had to sign with my phone number.

Yes, Missouri had some crazy times last weekend but I'm so glad that most in our town are following the rules.

Has anyone else had to sign at a store or restaurant?

IMO my personal information is nobody’s business unless I voluntarily choose to share it. I’m against contact tracing and would have turned around and walked out. 

Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 , or the exploding dye pak!

My bank has cameras right behind the tellers so they pretty much have clothing discription as you walk in. But then if they are seasoned bank robbers they may wear layers. 

I watch too many crime shows, kinda scaring myself that I am sounding like a natural haha!

Respected Contributor

I was sent a video today of a woman who was trained to be a contact tracer.  Here's what she had to say about it.  I find nothing wrong with old fashioned contact tracing-- asking who you spent time with and could have infected, once you are found to be infected, and then contacting those people so they can self isolate. I think everyone should be able to self-quarantine in their own home whether, sick or not. I have a problem with children being removed from their parent or parents by total strangers, and taken somewhere else without parental consent. I find everything wrong with using phone apps to track people's whereabouts, and tracking people on social media to gain further clues as to their whereabouts.  When Covid-19 virus is no longer circulating, will the tracking continue without abatement? Add in the new facial recognition technology, just for fun, a technology that already exists, and what kind of life do you have left to enjoy?  I am not an exhibitionist who blogs all day long taking and posting "selfies".  I am not a criminal, either.  I just want my privacy.  

Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFUyZWw7qoc&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR3sA8mxfZXQg-tlcDFNU6hlcF38BXnOp...

Honored Contributor

If contact tracing saves one life, it's well worth it. I seen absolutely no sinister plot behind it,

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

If contact tracing saves one life, it's well worth it. I seen absolutely no sinister plot behind it,

@suzyQ3  I feel we need to follow the rules of our state or county to help in any way we can. 

You are so right, we have lost too many people at this point.

When I went to my beauty shop, my friend that owns the shop, has a list of everyone and their phone numbers that have had their hair done.

We all have to do our part and if that means signing in at a restaurant to pick-up food, I'm all for it.

I'm really sorry that some people think it is an invasion of their privacy.

Honored Contributor

Have you tried a driveway visit with family, @Cakers3?  We've done that a few times to see the g-kids in action.