Respected Contributor

Any suggestions on how to purchase contact lenses for best price?  

Respected Contributor

Costco 

Super Contributor

@deeva Are the name brands a lot cheaper at Costco?  I looked into online but there wasn't much of a savings.  I will need some in September. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Contact Lense Advice

[ Edited ]

Contact Lenses 4 Less.

Esteemed Contributor

I've found the best prices at Walmart or Walgreens when they have a % off sale.

Regular Contributor

Is it the cost of contact lenses or the fact you have to visit an optomotrist/opthalmologist annually to renew your prescription? Canada doesn't require a prescription. 

Trusted Contributor

@Twins Mom  When I wore contacts, I always purchased at Costco. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Respected Contributor

@firestorm 

Several of us in family wear contacts with glasses as option.  Usually I buy contacts from optometrist as I had compared with on line sites that I had found.  At that time I had found no big differences.   Was surprised when the office recommended to DD that she buy glasses from them and go online for contacts.

That's why I am asking.  She just checked Sams Club (I don't have Cosco membership) and savings was over $100 for year supply.  

Appreciating the feedback.  

Regular Contributor

I sometimes go online and buy my contacts in Canada. Have not had any issues, like knock-offs, or bad lenses. My eyes only need adjusted so often, I hate having to go in to the "eye doctor" every year.

When I last checked it eemed like the pricing is very competive for contact lenses in the US. Not being a Costco member. Target, CVS, 1-800-contacts, Walgreens, etc. pricing was pretty similar.

Honored Contributor

When Iwas doing the buying for my son, I always ordered from 800 Contacts.