Valued Contributor

Re: Consumer Cellular Question

I have Consumer Cellurlar and am very, very happy with it.  I have 250 talk minutes (I rarely use the phone), and 500 mb of data, which is more than enough for my needs.  I am an AARP member and my monthly bill is about $35.  I was previously with Sprint and paid more for less. Good luck.           docsgirl

Honored Contributor

I do not own a cell phone.  However, I have heard nothing but praise for Consumer Cellular & their CS. 

I first heard of it through AARP magazine.  If I ever break down to get a cell phone, it would be the Jitterbug phone w/Consumer Cellular as my service.  Their rates are unbelievable!!!!!

The service seems to be geared towards senior citizens.  Don't know why.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@docsgirl wrote:

I have Consumer Cellurlar and am very, very happy with it.  I have 250 talk minutes (I rarely use the phone), and 500 mb of data, which is more than enough for my needs.  I am an AARP member and my monthly bill is about $35.  I was previously with Sprint and paid more for less. Good luck.           docsgirl

@docsgirl

@Bird mama

Thanks you both so much for your feedback as I don't use my phone very much at all so this sounds perfect for me.  I also need to pony up to AARP as those discounts will probably pay for the membership themselves . . . Smiley Happy

Thank you again!

Trusted Contributor

Consumer Cellular is The Best. I have had it about 10 years. I geet the 5% discount with AARP. You can change plans any time for no charge. When my son went out west, he would call every day, so I changed the plan to the next level. Then when he was back home, I went back down to the lower level. No charge to do that. When I updated my phone, the new phone was free with free activiation. Customer Service walked me through changing the sim card to the new one to keep my phone directory. Got my brother switched over from Verizon which was costing him 2x as much. Plus we both got $10 when I referred him.

You can't beat it!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

i have been with consumer cellular for about 3-4 yrs.

They are pretty good. 

The down side is, we began with a simple plan, I believe it was $30.00 a month, it just didn't offer what we wanted.

My husband likes to text,call, looks things up on his phone (he has apps). We now have unlimited texts per month, 1,500 minutes of  phone calls per month, and  1.5 gig data service each month. We are paying about $57.00 per month this is with tax included.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

We switched to Consumer Cellular about 2 years ago from Verizon. We couldn't be happier. Our monthly cost was cut in half. And the Customer Service is great. My husband left his phone in his pants pocket 3 days ago and "washed" his phone.He said Customer Service explained everyting that needed to be done and my husband had a new phone and was up and running in about an hour.

We were with Verizon for 10+ years and I think  Consumer Cellular is even better than Verizon. There were several spots on my way home from work that I would always have my calls "drop" when I was with Verizon. Have never had that problem with Consumer Cellular. 

I think you will be pleased if you switch.

Honored Contributor

My DH has it for his I Phone, no issues, he is very satisfied and the savings are good.

Honored Contributor

I looked into consumer cellular but have found that tracfone is a better deal for me.Instead of $30/month I pay $100 for an entire year - and my leftover min /text /data goes over to my new phone.

Honored Contributor

Thanks everyone for your input and experiences with Consumer Cellular.  I am going to look into switching this week . . . thank you!  Smiley Happy