Valued Contributor

Re: Congratulations Mary Beth!!!!!

@gabstoomuch - Thank you for posting the news. I'm so happy for Mary Beth, and her entire family.

@SharkE - Thank you for posting the link to the video. I loved seeing Mary Beth's reaction. I cried along with her.

Congratulations Mary Beth & Family!!!

Super Contributor

Thank you so much for posting the link for those of us who didn't see this special moment live for Mary Beth! She is wonderful lady and is going to be a wonderful grandma! Thanks again!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@colleena wrote:

I kind of agree with you but there seemed to be lots of negative comments in chat complaining about her filling in for David so thought that might be why her son did it this way.  

This was a complete surprise for Mary Beth. This was pre-planned ahead of time. Cathy, the assistant-host, Kerstin the host coming after, the crew and Producers all knew ahead of time.

Respected Contributor

Cakers:  You don't understand the negativity?  Let me give you my perspective. 

I didn't see the incident.  I'm reading descriptions of it by those who did.  As far as I know, her son has a mother and a father.  Her son should have called them, gotten them on the phone and told them they were going to grandparents.  Let Mary Beth share the news when next she's on the air.  That's not a surprise that needs to be shared with only one of his parents AND those watching a sales presentation on a TV Shopping Channel.  I still am unclear as to whether or not he talked to his father before calling QVC.  If he didn't, that's his bad.

There's just something about what happened that doesn't pass my smell test.  I hope that states my "negativity".

Respected Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

KLevinFan:  I didn't see it happen.  The descriptions of wht transpired confounded me.  As I posted elsewhere, it didn't pass my smell test for authenticity.  Did he call his father and tell him about it or did his father see it on TV as it unfolded?  Usually, you get both parents on a call and tell them the good news.

*I* am confounded by this post. "Smell testhe for authenticity"? Inquiry about if her husband knew or not? You've got to be kidding me that this is where your mind goes after such an event. Introspection is a good thing. Consider it. 

Cheers! 

Respected Contributor

Why "should" it been done in private? 

Respected Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

Cakers:  You don't understand the negativity?  Let me give you my perspective. 

I didn't see the incident.  I'm reading descriptions of it by those who did.  As far as I know, her son has a mother and a father.  Her son should have called them, gotten them on the phone and told them they were going to grandparents.  Let Mary Beth share the news when next she's on the air.  That's not a surprise that needs to be shared with only one of his parents AND those watching a sales presentation on a TV Shopping Channel.  I still am unclear as to whether or not he talked to his father before calling QVC.  If he didn't, that's his bad.

There's just something about what happened that doesn't pass my smell test.  I hope that states my "negativity".

To me, this  restates your negativity but doesn't explain it. I guess I am not as good at comprehension as I should be because I. Just. Don't.Understand. "should" in this action that occurred. *Why* was this so bad to do?

Honored Contributor

Congratulations to Mary Beth and her family! They must be so thrilled!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

cats01 ~ If you had taken the time to LISTEN and PAY ATTENTION you would have heard Eric tell his mom that "Dad is here with us." Stop being so judgemental. If you can't say something nice about the happiness in the Rowe family, get off the blog! They deserve a day of celebration. Perhaps you need to get up and start your day over again.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

This is one of those threads I just really wonder about it. So many of us are perfect and feel we have the right to criticize anyone who does not do as we would do. How very sad. Personally I think it is great - seems impossible to me her kids are that old now. I remember well eons ago when they were little ones.I have watched her for 20 plus years - not a lot in recent years but remember her from Minnesota I believe? She did not start with QVC as I recall - wasn't it CVN? That was a long time ago. She and her hubby will be super grandparents.