Honored Contributor

I know this seems riduculous to most but Albuquerque has only had 1.6" of rain this whole year.  At my house it has been less.  We haven't had a big thunderstorm for several years.

We just had a fast-moving severe thunderstorm with hail and water much above the curbs and into the yard.  My dogs were going beserk, they were so excited.  Misty, the puppy (18 mo), got soaking wet then went on a tear racing through the house and tried to get the rest to chase her.  Of course she had to make a flying leap onto my lap.

Lots of excitement here.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Congratulate Us, It Rained!

You know @Kachina624, I love ya, but not when you're bragging.  It's been dry as a cork here.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Yeah.  Here, too.  We're down about 6 inches for the year as of noon today, but we got over an inch last night and this morning.  Still in moderate to severe drought depending upon where you live in NY.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624    By coincidence, I just pulled up the SW weather map and noticed the big "orange spot" over ALBQ.     ¡Congratulations, indeed!    We "might" be having some rain here tonight, too.   

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi  "They" say the monsoon is finally going to become more active.  We're supposed to have a couple days next week with highs in mid-80s.  As you know, June and July have been brutally dry and hot.

Hope you get yours too.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Reckon, it's heading to Amarillo ? LOL

Honored Contributor

Congratulations!!!  I think we've faired well with rain.  The lawn is still green.  Usually this time of year, it's crunchy and mostly brown.

Honored Contributor

I got a sprinkler system so the front and sides of mine is decent. LOL

Wish I could spread it out to the whole 2 1/2 acres !!!!!!!!!!

Then,hubbo, would gripe he has to mow it. LOL

Honored Contributor

Yay!  Good for you and all there!  We're sending you good wishes for good, even, safe rainfall. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

You know @Kachina624, I love ya, but not when you're bragging.  It's been dry as a cork here.

@Bird mama ~ That's a new one for me "dry as a cork"...just busted out with a good laugh.  Thanks for that!