Honored Contributor

Details from the article:

U.S. officials tell Fox News the drone encounters took place over ISIS-controlled Syria, including its de facto headquarters in Raqqa, as well as along the Turkish-Syrian border near Korbani. Another occurred in the northwest, near the highly contested city of Aleppo.

“The first time it happened, we thought the Russians got lucky. Then it happened two more times,” said one official. 

I don't get why they want to interfere with the drones.  Supposedly Russia is after Isis, also.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Esteemed Contributor

Right now I want the US completely out of the Mid East altogether. Let Russia go in and be bled dry as they were in Afghanistan and as we are now. The people have to decide what they want to live with and either stand and fight or acquiesce to the despots in their midst. Some of the more stable Mid Eastern countries need to step in, take refugees, and stop ISIS or succumb themselves. The whole Mid East should be isolated from the Western world altogether, and it should be allowed to fail, all the way to the ground. Perhaps then any survivors who rise from the ashes will choose a different path. At any rate, it is now time after over 10 years for the US to leave and find more non combat avenues for solving problems, and that includes  withdrawing support for certain countries who engage in aggressive activity themselves.

Esteemed Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

U.S. officials tell Fox News the drone encounters took place over ISIS-controlled Syria, including its de facto headquarters in Raqqa, as well as along the Turkish-Syrian border near Korbani. Another occurred in the northwest, near the highly contested city of Aleppo.

“The first time it happened, we thought the Russians got lucky. Then it happened two more times,” said one official. 

I don't get why they want to interfere with the drones.  Supposedly Russia is after Isis, also.

No, Russia is actually not differentiating between rebel forces and ISIS. Their job is to prop up Assad's regime.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's political

Honored Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

No, Russia is actually not differentiating between rebel forces and ISIS. Their job is to prop up Assad's regime.

Not no, I didn't say they were differentiating between rebel forces and ISIS.  They are going after both, they announced they were going after ISIS and there is said to be evidence they have.

Respected Contributor

Sad,but I knew this was coming...sad for my grandchildren...I am at peace with myself and know where I will be going,this has been a messed up world for such a long time..

Honored Contributor

Russia: We are going after ISIS and a 'list' of Syrian rebel groups

http://www.businessinsider.com/russia-going-after-isis-and-a-list-of-syrian-rebel-groups-2015-10

Respected Contributor
That's helpful. Actually this has been building for the past 30+ years. 9/11 escalated it.
Honored Contributor

Russia Launches Missiles At ISIS Targets

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/russia-in-syria-russia-launches-missiles-against...

Respected Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

Sad,but I knew this was coming...sad for my grandchildren...I am at peace with myself and know where I will be going,this has been a messed up world for such a long time..

Your grandchildren?? I do too but...

You do realize this was done to all of us too when we were kids don't you? 

Russia has been this way forever and always a thorn/threat to us. One button away.

No one wants to really cross them as they are dangerous as they always have been.