Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain   I agree with you.  The words that comes to mind is "constructive criticism".

I don't see anything wrong with it.  I've seen many nice words used here.

There is a difference between being mean and criticising something.  Not everyone is going to like everyone or everything.

Personally, I hate it when people are nice for the sake of being nice.  I believe the word is called phony.  You never see that word used much anymore.  

I used to tell my daughters, "If someone or something bothers you, tell them.  Then if they continue to do it (and it affects you) either they don't care or they can't 'fix' it.  

Either way, at least they know how you feel.  If it continues and you can avoid it or them, do it.  If you can't, deal with it, but with as much grace as possible.

Again, I see nothing wrong with criticising anyone or anything.  The hard part is to know when to agree to disagree.  Unfortunately, I'm STILL working on that one.

It seems like, in society today, we are expected to be happy all of the time.

No one is happy all of the time.  

Valued Contributor

@Wayne-QVC  Because........WHY?

Honored Contributor

This is a private board run by QVC. The Standards are clearly stated. And the moderators make the decisions. There is no right to free speech here.

If you know this and it enrages you, this place is not for you.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

@Regal Bee  I KNOW......Even the Complaints are complaining.

Oy vey !!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Complaining

[ Edited ]

@mom2four0418 wrote:

It would probably be helpful if the complaints were posted in either Suggestion Box and/or Customer Care.

@mom2four0418   @IG

Oh people tried to post suggestions and feedback in the Suggestion Box, unfortunately they were met with snarky

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

@Drythe  Are you kidding me?  Yes -- the entire World (except the very isolated pockets of humans) has gone already Blanking BESERK !!!  I live in a gorgeous town/area in California, and in a semi-rural section....every day I see at least one fight, argument, screaming kids, road rage, rude RUDE behavior, bullying, sexism, laziness,  petty & major crime, and sheer CRAZY going on just in our relatively small population.  Our former small-town peaceful lives have become a minefield of nutcases.  Often it's steady people getting to the end of their daily rope.  More often it's the disenfranchised, abused or helpless.  

In a college class we studied the experiments done with rat populations in cages; the more animals, the more craziness and even genocide (ratocide?)

Americans are in bad shape overall, IMO.  The system we live in IS NOT WORKING for everyone.  We're all at risk now.  I'm old enough to have seen the downfall here and around the planet.  Climate Change is a Big Deal, but Human Change? No Fix mentioned.

Prognosis:  People, we're in Trouble Here......

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest 

Here's an idea--- pass by those topics that annoy or upset you.....................This meme sums it up rather nicely...

96c4144587d6b606b7cc1fa48bca444844d07884e15b19dbcadc1e00ac94a814.jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

@Marp  No I didn't see that.  I forget, but maybe it was very late and my meds hadn't kicked in yet.....hmmmmm.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

This is a private board run by QVC. The Standards are clearly stated. And the moderators make the decisions. There is no right to free speech here.

@BSurLife65 

What SuzyQ3 said so well......If you consider it old fashioned, prudish etc etc....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'll post a variation on what I've written before about this (the thread topic is ongoing, and certainly interesting food for thought).

​Genuine constructive criticism/feedback  is important and essential and it is given with the intent to help, to edify, and to enlighten -- to benefit someone, not to embarrass​​ or demean them.

Genuine constructive criticism/feedback does not ​verbally assault the person, it is not delivered with a tone of disdain, scorn, or indulging in ripping and shredding jabs and barbs of sarcasm.    ​The goal is to help, not to hurt.

If ​it's delivered in a cloud of negativity or harshness (I sometimes even hear the tone of contempt),  it's ineffective as a teaching tool since that kind of tone is a huge turn-off -- it muffles ​and blurs any intended "helpful" or "constructive" message and the recipient can't benefit to any great extent.    ​Instead, they recoil from it -- ​it's ​human nature to recoil from that kind of delivery.    Eyes, ears, motivation all shut down.

The anonymity of the internet allows a certain element of society to cower behind a nickname and get a certain adrenaline rush from trying to insult others...  it's unfortunate but a fact of life.   

And often we see the very same people who act that way also complaining that "the younger generation has no sense of respect or​ common​ courtesy to others" -- perhaps we need to stop and think about who taught the "younger generation" their communication skills and what kind of example we present for them to see and emulate.    

On these very forums I've seen people mocked and ridiculed for being "nice," "kind," as if that's something to sneer at. 

Just because we can be cruelly critical doesn't mean we should, but it's far easier to be nasty than to take time to be more mindful with our words.    Those who brag of "brutal honesty" more often relish the brutality than any modicum of honesty that might be included, in my experience.

In the end, the way we offer up our feedback reflects back on us, it speaks to our own integrity and character,  and it says nothing about the person we target​ and does them little or no good.​  

In my opinion, ​the internet has ​given rise to and has ​emboldened ​self-congratulatory chronic complaining, and my instinct is that many (most?) might not even see it in themselves because they’ve gradually fallen into ​the pattern.​   Sometimes it's hard for us humans to be objective about ourselves, and self-awareness is a daily learning process.​

I agree that no one should ​tell us not to offer genuine constructive criticism/feedback.    I also feel that it would be terrific if the actual goal is to share good information and to allow everyone to walk away with their dignity intact.   Win-win!thumbs up gif

"Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit — the parallel powers of your heart and mind — better than how you give feedback."  ~Maria Popova, author

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova