Respected Contributor

I haven't been around much lately but noticed a lot of complaining posts today. Smiley Tongue

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate.

Honored Contributor

Re: Complaining

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain wrote:

Well, some where I read that it's unhealthy to internalize negative feelings. I remember it was something cringy, forgive me, like getting bad feelings out so good feelings can sprout. 

I like a balance, I tell it when I'm pleased and tell it when I'm not. 

@occasionalrain   I agree about internalizing negative feelings but only when it comes to one's personal life.  Holding in grudges, etc. is not healthy.  We all know this.  Stress is a major factor when it come to mental, spiritual, and physical illnesses.

However, being negative about how a person looks or talks or dresses-that's just being a gossip and a high-horse rider.

If the negative feeling has nothing to do with disrupting one's own personal space, life, etc. then what is the point of even being catty???

We can also express negative feelings when TRUE RL SITUATIONS pop up in the news; as long as one has a solid perception and is not being swayed by some talking head.

Some really need to learn how to mind one's own business.  Who cares to spend a life picking and needling at another human being.

Complaints about the Q in terms of shipping or returns-there is a forum for that.

While those complaints are valid, they are not life altering.

If they are perceived as such, some need help beyong this board.

In the end, it's how it is said more than what is said.  jmoymmv

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

Well, some where I read that it's unhealthy to internalize negative feelings. I remember it was something cringy, forgive me, like getting bad feelings out so good feelings can sprout. 

@occasionalrain   I agree about internalizing negative feelings but only when it comes to one's personal life.  Holding in grudges, etc. is not healthy.  We all know this.  Stress is a major factor when it come to mental, spiritual, and physical illnesses.

However, being negative about how a person looks or talks or dresses-that's just being a gossip and a high-horse rider.

If the negative feeling has nothing to do with disrupting one's own personal space, life, etc. then what is the point of even being catty???

We can also express negative feelings when TRUE RL SITUATIONS pop up in the news; as long as one has a solid perception and is not being swayed by some talking head.

Some really need to learn how to mind one's own business.  Who cares to spend a life picking and needling at another human being.

Complaints about the Q in terms of shipping or returns-there is a forum for that.

@Cakers3, and we can't forget that we've become a society of posters/texters instead of talkers/writers.

Using punctuation, graphics, or any other function available is no substitute for tone, inflection, gestures, or facial clues.  That loss of clarity sinks ships.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote

Seriously, though, I do think that some Internet activity emboldens people to act out in public. The lines get blurred.

An example: one Thanksgiving my daughter's mother-in-law made a political comment that was tone-deaf, and my husband reacted very strongly.

Instead of remembering where he was, he went off on her (very unlike him). My daughter later told me that she thought it was as if he were posting anonymously.

For the record, nobody likes the woman.

@suzyQ3 

I agree, as a society, really much of the world,  seems pretty much on edge.

Many seem ready to pop.

Guess ranting anonymously is a good release.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

@Cakers3, and we can't forget that we've become a society of posters/texters instead of talkers/writers.

Using punctuation, graphics, or any other function available is no substitute for tone, inflection, gestures, or facial clues.  That loss of clarity sinks ships.

@suzyQ3   This is true-I agree that actual face-to-face communication is better (but not always honest).

However, I'm pretty sure we can agree that referring to people in derogatory terms, and we all know what that means, is much easier here than in person.

Valid Q complaints e.g. about shipping is one thing; complaining just for the sake of complaining about another person is quite a different story.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Drythe wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote

Seriously, though, I do think that some Internet activity emboldens people to act out in public. The lines get blurred.

An example: one Thanksgiving my daughter's mother-in-law made a political comment that was tone-deaf, and my husband reacted very strongly.

Instead of remembering where he was, he went off on her (very unlike him). My daughter later told me that she thought it was as if he were posting anonymously.

@suzyQ3 

I agree, as a society, really much of the world seems pretty much on edge.

Many seem ready to pop.

@Drythe , for some, yes; for others, not so much. The latter seem to internalize the way they interact online.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

@suzyQ3   This is true-I agree that actual face-to-face communication is better (but not always honest).

However, I'm pretty sure we can agree that referring to people in derogatory terms, and we all know what that means, is much easier here than in person.

Valid Q complaints e.g. about shipping is one thing; complaining just for the sake of complaining about another person is quite a different story.

Of course, @Cakers3 -- no "however" needed. :-)

Trusted Contributor

Getting along does not mean we all have to agree.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote

@suzyQ3 

I agree, as a society, really much of the world seems pretty much on edge.

Many seem ready to pop.

@Drythe , for some, yes; for others, not so much. The latter seem to internalize the way they interact online.

@suzyQ3 

You mean their on-line, anonymous behavior becomes their actual life?

Yea... I can imagine that happening.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras