Honored Contributor

Some of the complaints don’t sound that way to me...they are just comments or conversation starters.We can’t talk about much here so I guess this is what it has come to....I am not complaining but just saying.

Respected Contributor
@Cakers3.....Thank you so much for explaining my post. You explained it very well. Again thank you. ❤️
Honored Contributor

Re: Complaining

[ Edited ]

@Marp wrote:

Laides, I can't take credit.  There is a thread on Q-talk about Pat's shiny shins.

@Marp 

Yes, that’s what makes it so darn FUNNY!

@Marp  @goldensrbest  @Mj12  edited to add, I have shiny shins too,  thought it came from shaving. 

SHOULD I START A THREAD?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

There seems to be alot of this on here,about all kinds of things, host, venders,animals on the set ,on and on.

@goldensrbest 

This forum has been over run with complaint threads, IMO

I am in NO way saying that the complaints are not valid and I have experienced my own share.

Rather than have 15 threads about the same topic, can't posters add their post to an existing thread on the same topic, rather than start another thread on the same topic?

I was just thinking that I may post under 'Suggestion Box' suggesting a new forum for 'Complaints'.

That way, the first several pages of the forum aren't consumed by complaint threads to wade through, LOL!

Nope; some need to start daily individual complaining threads, in a few different forums.  And bold ALL CAPS for good measure.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Suffering in silence to keep the peace seldom ends well. One can't expect improvement or change if what's wrong remains unknown to those who can remedy it.

@occasionalrain So true and well put.  You "hit the nail on the head".

I just wish it would stay in the Suggestion Box.

Honored Contributor

While I understand the frustration, has a thread like this or similar meta topics ever changed the way people post? That's a rhetorical question.

Quite the opposite, IMO. They often lead to arguments and personal jabs.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I've noticed it.

We've always had a complaint from time to time but for me, it's a general internet thing.

I belong to a number of closed groups on Facebook.

Everything has to be what do you "hate" about ________________

or what do you "love" about _________________

Must everything be so extreme?

Some thoughts don't need to be posted.

Just let it be a mystery

Esteemed Contributor

I supposed its better to get online and post random complaints on this board than step outside and scream at kids to get off your lawn. This way little kids don't get skeered.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Re: Complaining

[ Edited ]

We don't live in a marshmallow world where everyone is happy eating candy and ice cream and being sweet quiet individuals.

Some  complaints are valid and raise good points.  They make us think and possibility try to be better people.

Some complains are just people letting off steam.

Still, other complaints are people who are unhappy looking to get a rise out of people.

All complaints are not negative.  Some lead to positive outcomes.

Yeah, some of the complaints are weird, funny and just plain eye brow raising, but we are sensored enough.  If you don't want to join in, or comment, just pass on by.

Honored Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

I supposed its better to get online and post random complaints on this board than step outside and scream at kids to get off your lawn. This way little kids don't get skeered.  

@jeanlake, you make it sound as if it's an either/or. :-)

Seriously, though, I do think that some Internet activity emboldens people to act out in public. The lines get blurred.

An example: one Thanksgiving my daughter's mother-in-law made a political comment that was tone-deaf, and my husband reacted very strongly.

Instead of remembering where he was, he went off on her (very unlike him). My daughter later told me that she thought it was as if he were posting anonymously.

For the record, nobody likes the woman.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland