Honored Contributor

@Naturesbeauty  Nonsense. How does being positive about discrimination, abuse, pollution...lead to peace and tranquility except for those who discriminate, abuse, pollute...?

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@Naturesbeauty  Nonsense. How does being positive about discrimination, abuse, pollution...lead to peace and tranquility except for those who discriminate, abuse, pollute...?

@occasionalrain  I also used to think as you do until I realized this is what the majority of people want. That is when I gave up.

Esteemed Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

It would probably be helpful if the complaints were posted in either Suggestion Box and/or Customer Care.

It would be helpful if a complaint were framed as a suggestion when posting in the suggestion box.

Not long ago that was a spot for thoughtful ideas, not gripes.

Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Suffering in silence to keep the peace seldom ends well. One can't expect improvement or change if what's wrong remains unknown to those who can remedy it.

Right, you can't fix what you don't know is broken.

I think Q should get right on fixing the problem of Pat's shiny shins now that it has been brought to their attention.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest   I believe these boards are simply a reflection of society as it is today.  Personally, I try not to put anyone down or say anything to make someone feel badly, but I know people seem to be much more sensitive these days.....often taking comments in the worst possible way.

I think it's OK (up to a point) for people to air their gripes here, since it's a pretty harmless way for them to get something off their chest.  Sometimes people just need to vent, but I would never condone being intentionally mean to anyone here.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@occasionalrain   I don't believe that is what she meant.

The issues you raise-I sincerely doubt anybody here thinks that they are positive issues.

What I see is a constant stream of complaints about them-negative.

What I see lacking is what a person is actually doing about them-positive.

Or has ideas to bring about change.  Being proactive- positive.

The issues you raised are usually addressed with "tsk tsk" "how awful" "blame one person or side of the fence" etc. etc.  Then people move on and forget about those issues until raised again.  Over and over.

It's very easy to pick at an issue; and be negative.

It's a different issue when such issues are addressed logically, with fact, and with solutions. -Positive.

That's how I view them.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

Suffering in silence to keep the peace seldom ends well. One can't expect improvement or change if what's wrong remains unknown to those who can remedy it.

Right, you can't fix what you don't know is broken.

I think Q should get right on fixing the problem of Pat's shiny shins now that it has been brought to their attention.

@Marp 

tee hee

you made me laugh on this one!

Honored Contributor

@Marp 

You're such a hoot....you're my kind of people, LOL!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Complaining

[ Edited ]

Laides, I can't take credit.  There is a thread on Q-talk about Pat's shiny shins.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

It's true.  It's just one big complaint board now.  

I have to agree with @chrystaltree 

It is one thing to make suggestions:

"It would be extremely helpful if hosts wouldn't talk about their personal lives, but rather, give as much information about the item as time allows"

Nasty, Personal complaint:

"I can't stand JRT one more second talking about her daughters and NYC and her sisters.  Who cares?  She acts like she is so much better than the rest of us.  She is a liar, no way she wears a size Small......"

There IS a big difference, IMHO, and I have seen these exact posts.

Threads are constantly all in CAPS, bold lettering....accusatory, making idle threats, scams, personal attacks on hosts and vendors etc etc.  None of that is productive and probably gets ignored by TPTB.