Regular Contributor

I think you have covered just about every annoying one there is! I particularly hate the "lawyer "commercials to get compensation for an injured elderly parent in a nursing home.

They stand there all smug and say how many thousands they collected - so how the **ll does that help the injured person.

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

The Charmin commercials are disgusting. 

Just was gonna post this same thing - "ooh I'm shiny clean , , , " 

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

99% of commercials don't bother me, even the ones for prescription meds, because I figure life is just too short to get all worked up over a 30 second commercial.

But having said that, there is one commercial that I don't understand, and it's the commercial for Michelobe Ultra Pure Gold beer, with the woman whispering in to two microphones as she pours the beer in to a glass.

Why is she whispering?!

@Anonymous032819 

The prescription drug commercials are misleading folks on their health care...Our local news did a panel discussion, I've read numeous articles on the subject, and also talked with my doctor:

1.  The commercials are usually for the most expensive drug in it's class. There are other older drugs that are less expensive and just as effective with fewer side effects. Yet patients are insistent and demand the drug they saw on TV!!! They ignore the advice of their doctor who knows their health history and treated them for many years.

2. All they see on these ads are happy happy people....and people watching take the advertisers message to heart--"you can be just as happy just take this drug."... The side effects are just glossed over while Madison Advenue presents a visual utopic view of the drug.  They don't show anyone dealing with side effects or at the Emergency Room....but this the actual reality many taking these drugs will go through.

3.  Medical Professionals need to be the ones advising on appropriate  treatments and guidance on their patients health care.....NOT a 2 minute television ad!!!!

Medical health is certainly important......a Michelob commercial with a whispering actor is something I wouldn't wate my time worrying about....

I get all of that, but I just don't let commercials bother me, and I wasn't worried about the beer commerical, just confused by it.

@Anonymous032819 

I'm worried about the Pharmaucuetical companies being deceptive .....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: Commercials

[ Edited ]

The commercials that go for the "cool" factor, blasting weird music to get our attention. These are apparently targeting Millennials. The one for iPhone XR called "Color Flood" comes to mind. lt has hundreds of people in bright-colored jumpsuits running and jumping from buildings, like a stampede. It reminds me of a massive prison escape, lol. An instant mute button for me.

IMG_1545.JPG

There are also commercials for Google and Starbucks that are trying so hard to be "cool," that they're just NOT.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

99% of commercials don't bother me, even the ones for prescription meds, because I figure life is just too short to get all worked up over a 30 second commercial.

But having said that, there is one commercial that I don't understand, and it's the commercial for Michelobe Ultra Pure Gold beer, with the woman whispering in to two microphones as she pours the beer in to a glass.

Why is she whispering?!

@Anonymous032819 

The prescription drug commercials are misleading folks on their health care...Our local news did a panel discussion, I've read numeous articles on the subject, and also talked with my doctor:

1.  The commercials are usually for the most expensive drug in it's class. There are other older drugs that are less expensive and just as effective with fewer side effects. Yet patients are insistent and demand the drug they saw on TV!!! They ignore the advice of their doctor who knows their health history and treated them for many years.

2. All they see on these ads are happy happy people....and people watching take the advertisers message to heart--"you can be just as happy just take this drug."... The side effects are just glossed over while Madison Advenue presents a visual utopic view of the drug.  They don't show anyone dealing with side effects or at the Emergency Room....but this the actual reality many taking these drugs will go through.

3.  Medical Professionals need to be the ones advising on appropriate  treatments and guidance on their patients health care.....NOT a 2 minute television ad!!!!

Medical health is certainly important......a Michelob commercial with a whispering actor is something I wouldn't wate my time worrying about....

I get all of that, but I just don't let commercials bother me, and I wasn't worried about the beer commerical, just confused by it.

@Anonymous032819 

I'm worried about the Pharmaucuetical companies being deceptive .....

That's fine, but 99% of all commercials, and yes, even the pharmaceutical ones, don't bother me.

I just can't get all worked up over them.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Re: Commercials

[ Edited ]

I think one of the funniest commercials I've seen lately is the Zyrtec 'Turn Heads'. That's the one where a woman accidentally takes her garden weeder to the little plastic garden squirrel...then minutes later you see the guy way in the back holding the plastic head...hilarious!! ...and then that tape job!! I lost it when they showed that!Smiley LOL

download.jpg

Respected Contributor

I can't believe my eyes. I just saw a lovely commercial! It CAN be done and what a pleasant surprise! For Energy Upgrade CA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JoQya5Patg

Honored Contributor

I had posted this on another thread, but I'll paste it here because I want to give kudos to a particular ad.

Here goes:

This is unrelated to most anything, but I just wanted to say that there's a TV commercial that really appeals to me.

As soon as it appears I feel better about life.  I love this commercial.  I like everything about it.  I never want it to go away.

I can't say that about a lot of advertising.  My favorites usually feature dogs and some make me tear up.  Like the "Inside Every Good Dog is A Great Dog" Purina® Pro Plan® ad.  Loved that one.

Anyway, the one I like now is a FedEx ad: "Opportunity."  It's the story of a couple, chronologically reversed, who have a successful cookie business.  They had received a mixer as a gift and just stared at it: "We don't bake."  Ah, but then they did.

Love the actors, their chemistry, the cleverness of the ad, the music -- everything.  I want to see them in their own TV series.

Can't explain it -- just a great ad.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

@just bee I too, love the dog commercials. Maybe we are thinking of the

same one, if it is the one where a dog is being adopted out of the shelter,

how can you not get emotional? 

Enjoyed your post.😊😊

Honored Contributor

@threecees wrote:

@just bee I too, love the dog commercials. Maybe we are thinking of the

same one, if it is the one where a dog is being adopted out of the shelter,

how can you not get emotional? 

Enjoyed your post.😊😊

@threecees 

Here's the video of the Purina ad.  Copy and paste it and get ready to snot up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asnbU7m-z5o

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~