Honored Contributor

I also keep them all muted, especially since they have been increasingly using all those ridiculous “jingles” at the end, like “liberty, liberty, liberty!”  

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Trusted Contributor

I think drug commercials should be banned from advertising on television and in magazines.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

They say if you remember them the advertising agency did their job!

In my case, most times it means not to ever buy whatever it is they are selling.

Respected Contributor

Re: Commercials

[ Edited ]

I say ban all drug commercials - they are confusing to some and cause doctors issues when they try to prescribe. Just reminded of that yesterday by my GP.  And if there is a way to stop all the ambulance chasing lawyer ads it would be fabulous.  I have noticed a number of ads for hard liquors lately. The beer ads are enough, but name brand bourbon on the Hallmark Channel?  IMHO Awful!  I thought this was banned years ago.  It's supposed to be a family channel.

One more thing . . . I'm not a Bible waving gal, but I definitely resent the constant use of "Oh my God" on television. It's showing up in many ways every day. Not just on commercials.       I find it insulting to many and I have to say I consider it highly inappropriate. Reference to any other diety would be equally uncalled for. What are we teaching our children? 

We Americans can do better.  Let's try!

Esteemed Contributor

There has never been a federal ban or regulation on hard liquor advertising on televison (other than the usual making of false claims).  The so-called "ban" was entirely self imposed by the industry.  After many years of this self-regulation, liquor ads began appearing on various television outlets in the late-1990s.  The industry still self regulates where these ads occur.  Of course, it's up to each media outlet to decide if it wants to accept hard liquor advertising or not.

Trusted Contributor

cigarette ads = banned

liquor ads = not banned

Respected Contributor

I kinda like the one with the bride and her Dad disco dancing at her wedding.  Everybody looks like they are having a blast with the picture-taking, etc.  But yeah, it's for a drug.

Hate the ones with the elderly in peril and crying out.  And the life insurance commercials.

Trusted Contributor

I like the Chewy ads because well, dogs.

I give a side eye to to husband/father in the one with the two Huskies.  He allowed his wife to adopt a second dog?

Excuse me, buddy.  I will trade you in for a few more rescues.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Commercials

[ Edited ]

@crazered  The Good Rx commercial with the mother and  her little boy going into the drug store.

Respected Contributor

I am so sick of the Xfinity commercial with Amy Poeler and the boys' sleepover.  It is on constantly and even worse, for some reason it is very often shown immediately twice in a row.  Once it was three times in a row lol