Valued Contributor

Yet another commercial thread.....I am curious what everyone thinks of the commercial where a person who lost weight is talking to their overweight self, I know it's meant to be touching, but it's strange to me.

Honored Contributor

I am sitting here watching Live PD and they keep showing car commercials (maybe it's a big time to buy a car?).

Anyway, I think it's really funny they way they show people flying through the air in their car.

It shows women going so fast in their cars, young people so happy flying fast down the road.

Well....you get the picture.  I wonder who buys a car so they can fly down the road?

In the first place you'd get a ticket but that's assuming there is someplace you could go where there's an open road!  Ha!

I live in the Va/DC/Md area.  It doesn't matter what time of day or night and there are always lots of people on the road.

I live off of one of the most dangerous roads in Northern Va.  It is one lane in each direction.

People TRY (key word...try) to fly down the road....nope!  Can't do it there are so many people behind and in front of them.

They use this road to cut through to another side of the area.  It's bumper to bumper down this road.

So, I wonder who in the heck buys a car with the idea they are going to go flying down the highway like these car commercials show?

I remember way back when they were advertising a car they'd show the inside and show you actually what you were buying for all of that money.

You got to see how easily it would seat people in the back (and get in and out).  You saw how comfortable two people could sit in the front and so on.

Now it shows someone behind the wheel pretending to 'fly' down the road!

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I am sitting here watching Live PD and they keep showing car commercials (maybe it's a big time to buy a car?).

Anyway, I think it's really funny they way they show people flying through the air in their car.

It shows women going so fast in their cars, young people so happy flying fast down the road.

Well....you get the picture.  I wonder who buys a car so they can fly down the road?

In the first place you'd get a ticket but that's assuming there is someplace you could go where there's an open road!  Ha!

I live in the Va/DC/Md area.  It doesn't matter what time of day or night and there are always lots of people on the road.

I live off of one of the most dangerous roads in Northern Va.  It is one lane in each direction.

People TRY (key word...try) to fly down the road....nope!  Can't do it there are so many people behind and in front of them.

They use this road to cut through to another side of the area.  It's bumper to bumper down this road.

So, I wonder who in the heck buys a car with the idea they are going to go flying down the highway like these car commercials show?

I remember way back when they were advertising a car they'd show the inside and show you actually what you were buying for all of that money.

You got to see how easily it would seat people in the back (and get in and out).  You saw how comfortable two people could sit in the front and so on.

Now it shows someone behind the wheel pretending to 'fly' down the road!

@Annabellethecat66  You revived a thread started in 2013.