Respected Contributor

Re: Comcast trying to Outbid Disney to Buy Fox

@Barb114 The thread would be closed if more did. 

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

Comcast is a huge rip off, raisea the charges almost every month, and tons of channels I don't want, so paying a huge amount for next to basic, forcing people to pay for foreign language channels that they never watch, etc.

@mousiegirl  Comcast and AT&T are the only cable choices I have.  I've heard worse things about AT&T  than Comcast, so I stick with Comcast.  I can't stand the high rates, but have not had my rates raised almost every month and don't have any foreign language channels.  I'll bet you could get a better plan than you have without the foreign language channels.  I don't have any premium channels.  I have cable, internet and telephone and pay around $185 a month.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

Comcast is a huge rip off, raisea the charges almost every month, and tons of channels I don't want, so paying a huge amount for next to basic, forcing people to pay for foreign language channels that they never watch, etc.

@mousiegirl  Comcast and AT&T are the only cable choices I have.  I've heard worse things about AT&T  than Comcast, so I stick with Comcast.  I can't stand the high rates, but have not had my rates raised almost every month and don't have any foreign language channels.  I'll bet you could get a better plan than you have without the foreign language channels.  I don't have any premium channels.  I have cable, internet and telephone and pay around $185 a month.

@NickNack  We had AT&T, but it was lousy, so now have comcast,  I pay a little less than you for over 250 channels, and I only watch eight, not including local.  DH tried to get the Foreign language channels dropped, but was told no, but I am going to look further into this. 

Even though I have been paying the bill for over twenty years, ever since we have had it, comcast does not recognize me, only DH, so he always has to call, not a happy camper, as you know how long one has to wait.  They have overcharged us for a lengthy time, but we received a refund, and on and on.

I have the next to basic, I think, which was changed by comcast, not us, and have internet, but not phone, and pay about $168 for now, seems to rise so often.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
QVC Customer Care