Honored Contributor

for the second time today!   And the 5th time in recent weeks.  

So today I give thanks for Verizon on my iPad.

Honored Contributor

we have used Century Link for our phone and internet for probably 15 years and it has NEVER once been out  other than with a power outage.  Maybe you should think about switching to someone else for internet?

Honored Contributor

I use Comcast for TV but Frontier for phone and internet and they have been great.  I don't remember ever having an outage.  It has recently changed to Ziply Fiber.  Never heard of them so we will see if they do as well.  

Esteemed Contributor

@millieshops  ... I had Comcast for both my home and office for years.  They were HORRIBLE.... especially in my office.   I was not able to switch because our Town could only use Comcast.  For about a year and a half I had numerous problems with my office Internet.  They did nothing and never called me back to inform me about the status of my complaints.   Finally Verizon Fios became available so I switched immediately.  Have had no problems ever since.  Of course, as soon as I dropped Comcast they all of a sudden remembered my phone numbers.  They called me constantly asking what they could do to make me happy so that I would go back to them..  I told them they had a year and  half to make me happy but did nothing .... so it as too late.  

Honored Contributor

@Boehm CollectorI'm in an HOA community that contracted with Comcast for 10 years.  That contract ends in 2021 -   the HOA across the road from us already moved to a different company last year -  and we already have research going on for ours.   

I don't believe there's a great choice - at least for residential accoiunts.  Over the years I've had AT&T. Bell South, UVerse, and up north Cablevision -  can't say I'd wholeheartedly recommend any of them.  Not even Fios -  my new landlords had Fios installed in their portion of the big house in which I rent -  that lasted all of about 6 or 7 months and they switched to Cablevision.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

for the second time today!   And the 5th time in recent weeks.  

So today I give thanks for Verizon on my iPad.

@millieshops if your not happy with their service is their another provider in your area you can switch too? I would call customer service and tell them how dissatisfied I was.

Honored Contributor

I'm not convinced there's a good option to Comcast for reliability.  Maybe it depends what area you live in.  In Arizona I have COX.  That company makes me miss Comcast 🤷🏼‍♀️

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2Oh, they know.   There are other providers, but my HOA has another year to go on our contract with them.   They will need to step up in several ways to maintain us.   

I wish I thought there was a totally wonderful company, but that has not been my experience.

Super Contributor

In my opinion only - the two worst companies for customer service - comcast and verizon - but I think verizon gets the prize for THE WORST.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@Jordan2Oh, they know.   There are other providers, but my HOA has another year to go on our contract with them.   They will need to step up in several ways to maintain us.   

I wish I thought there was a totally wonderful company, but that has not been my experience.

I was with Spectrum ( since they were Time Warner Cable) for forever and finally switched to Verizon. Really both companies have their challenges, like you said there is no totally wonderful company.