Honored Contributor

For those who live in the Boulder area, I truly hope all is well.  I have friends who live in Louisville, CO but have been away from their home the past week and are uncertain about the condition of their house.  Plus, I see that the area has received significant snow and single digit temps.

My thoughts and best wishes to those in that area.

Honored Contributor

My son lives in Denver, but spends time in the Boulder area.  Yes, they finally got some snow.  Too bad it didn't come a week earlier.  

@kaydee50 I hope things will be ok for your friends.  

Honored Contributor

My niece and family and all her pets

got out and evacuated but their house and entire town is gone.

As they were leaving their neighbors backyard was in flames.

I've always tried to imagine what it must be like to lose everything from your whole life all the memories and special things but

she and all our family are so grateful they all are ok and alive and safe.

I hope everyone there is!

Such a perfect storm it was and now snow today where it could have really helped yesterday.

Winds and a dry field and it took off across 2 towns from Boulder. 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Glad no one was hurt or killed. I heard on our local (Colorado Springs) news that initially it was thought to have been started by a downed powerline damaged by the hurricane force winds they had. But officials cannot find evidence of that happening b/c they have not found a downed powerline as of yet. Investigators are still searching for the exact cause of the fire.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee   Many of the newer subdivisions and communities have underground utilities.  My area does and I can only remember once in the past 21 years when our electricity has gone off.  That was less than 3 hrs and caused by a fire in an electric company facility

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@on the bay 

Oh no! I'm so glad that your family got out safe, but how horrible to lose everything you owned, especially treasured memories and keepsakes that can never be replaced.

I wish them the best.Heart

sad-face-with-tears-smiley-emoticon.gif

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Thank you so much @KingstonsMom.

We've all cried with her and each doing what each of us can and are good at to help. I think its all still a shock and kind of an unbelievable thing, just hard to comprehend for her.

She said she started the morning you know putting on makeup, ready for work, all the ordinary things. They were waiting for evacuation orders then thought they should get things together and then were running around getting their cats and dog and trying to get some special things she had gotten from my mother, than just running into the car, leaving as fast as they could, and watching their neighbors backyard in flames. The images on tv-that was her neighborhood. So scary. We are praying for them and everyone and doing everything we can to help.

So many things happened New Years Eve that were wrong I can't imagine anymore.

So it has got to get better. 

And anyway, thnk you so much for your kind message.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

My son lives in Boulder County. I just got off the phone with him; they had 8 inches of snow today, so that pretty much stopped the fires. Thank G-d there were no fatalities, but how devastating this has been for those who lost their homes. My son said that at this point the investigators think that the extremely dry conditions sparked the fires, but they are not ruling out arson as a cause. The investigation is ongoing.

Honored Contributor

Very tragic that so many people lost their homes to the fire.  Wishing them all the best and they will rebuild and be stronger.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

On the news they showed the affected homes still smoldering with smoke rising and they  were covered with snow.  Fire and ice.  Very strange and so tragic.