Esteemed Contributor

@kdgn wrote:

There is no selling of baby parts either. All investigations have proven that to be false and yet it is still said as though it were the truth. And when tissue is used for research it is only with the woman's permission. That point is critical. It's also something that may offer consolation, if you will, for the difficult decison that was made in the first place. I view it as agreeing to an autopsy in the hopes that may help doctors in the future.

Based on what I have read, there is still a "trade" in body parts, it is just alleged to be not for profit. Companies are still buying the "parts" from PP, and PP is reimbursed from $30-$100 for the storage, handling and shipping. It is to cover PP's costs associated with the harvesting. This is perfectly legal under U.S. law as long as it is not for profit. So, baby parts ARE still being sold, just supposedly not for PP's profit.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@kdgn wrote:

There is no selling of baby parts either. All investigations have proven that to be false and yet it is still said as though it were the truth. And when tissue is used for research it is only with the woman's permission. That point is critical. It's also something that may offer consolation, if you will, for the difficult decison that was made in the first place. I view it as agreeing to an autopsy in the hopes that may help doctors in the future.

Based on what I have read, there is still a "trade" in body parts, it is just alleged to be not for profit. Companies are still buying the "parts" from PP, and PP is reimbursed from $30-$100 for the storage, handling and shipping. It is to cover PP's costs associated with the harvesting. This is perfectly legal under U.S. law as long as it is not for profit. So, baby parts ARE still being sold, just supposedly not for PP's profit.

You need to read with a little more comprehension.

Fetal tissue is used in research. Getting it from the place where it originates (the mother - and with her signed permission) to the research facility costs money. PP is reimbursed by the research facility for the shipping fees. If no profit is made - nothing has been "sold."

Researchers use fetal tissue for many life saving discoveries - like the polio vaccine and Altzheimers' drugs. 

This is a bogus claim...why people cling to it is mystifying..

Honored Contributor

Dr. Carson has said he used fetal tissue for research, also.  It has been done for a long time and is nothing new.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

Dr. Carson has said he used fetal tissue for research, also.  It has been done for a long time and is nothing new.

Thanks for the reminder!

Esteemed Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

@MaggieMack wrote:

@kdgn wrote:

Fetal tissue is used in research. Getting it from the place where it originates (the mother - and with her signed permission) to the research facility costs money. PP is reimbursed by the research facility for the shipping fees. If no profit is made - nothing has been "sold."

Researchers use fetal tissue for many life saving discoveries - like the polio vaccine and Altzheimers' drugs. 

I don't need any improvement in my reading comprehension, thank you. Your use of semantics just makes it more appealing to you. 

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

Jubilant, That has nothing to do with the subject, but if you want to flee this country because something you disagree with is law, you are free to do so.

*******  See it as you will, Noel. 

Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

@MaggieMack wrote:

@kdgn wrote:

I don't need any improvement in my reading comprehension, thank you. Your use of semantics just makes it more appealing to you. 

"Not for profit" means NO sale. Nothing exchanged hands in return for a profit.

In fact, NO ONE is profiting in this situation. It is illegal to sell ANY body parts for profit  in the USA- including kidneys, hearts, livers, etc. - either from a cadaver or a live donor.

This has been investigated in red states - and no charges have been filed. PP doesn't sell tissue.

Honored Contributor

@kdgn wrote:

@jubilant wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

@jubilant wrote:

********  You don't know all the people in the world, Noel.  If you want to bury your head in the sand and turn the other way....that is your business.

You are right - we don't know every instance. But we DO know that every investigation done by every anti-choice official has come up with NO offenses by PP...no murders...nothing that would lead to shutting down the clinics.

That's a fact.

*********   Your facts.

Actually, they are not her facts but they are the facts that have been reported regarding every single investigation.

******* It is curious that there is so much corruption in the world today both in government, agencies, etc.  People on both sides are screaming about it all the time.... and we think we can believe these peoples facts????  I guess I just don't get it. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Colorado Springs

[ Edited ]

@jubilant wrote:

******* It is curious that there is so much corruption in the world today both in government, agencies, etc.  People on both sides are screaming about it all the time.... and we think we can believe these peoples facts????  I guess I just don't get it. 

You may not want to believe red state attorney generals...but most people do. They still feel that the chief lawmakers in the state will objectively enforce the law.

Not to believe this is so - is sad.

Also, it would have to be a vast conspiracy if every AG in every state came to the same bogus conclusion.

There is truth and there is opinion. AGs follow the law, based on what they have discovered to be the truth.

Edited to add - I don't think there is more corruption now than at any other time. What has changed is that some people have played on fears to make it appear to be so - for their own personal gain.

Respected Contributor

This research was supported by Congress in the '90s.  You might be surprised to see the names of the lawmakers who voted for it.