Super Contributor

What the heck is going on with not showing live, all choices of garment colors! . WHY is this done?

Honored Contributor

@GAC65 wrote:

What the heck is going on with not showing live, all choices of garment colors! . WHY is this done?

@GAC65 

While I understand that covid has played havoc with delays in the manufacturing process of many products and there is also a backlog in shipments too, but come on I am NOT a fan of showing the colors from the web page...If QVC cant produce samples of the actual product and the color and they have to show just photos  why put the product on air....There are soooooo many other products on the website that never get air time from which to chose....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

They show the colors on a video-taped model.  That's good enough for me. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Color choices

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

They show the colors on a video-taped model.  That's good enough for me. 

@Kachina624 

Ive only seen the color dots and still photos of models for an example of colors....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
New Contributor

They don't show all colors on models. Now they're doing it with jewelry too. Not a good move.

New Contributor

I agree! I'm not happy with this new approach. If I can't see the presentation of all the colors of clothing and jewelry, why watch the show. I can just shop online and that's it. I don't think QVC wants to push us there. Otherwise, I might as well shop in Macys.com.

Trusted Contributor

I buy a lot of clothes in Costco.com recently they have stopped showing pics of the available colors. "blue"  for a jacket or shirt but no picture of it doesn't work for me. I was actually in the warehouse the other day and they had the jacket and I saw the blue color. It was navy blue...not what I wanted. Didn't  realize QVC is doing the same thing. You are right, they should not even offer it if they can't show some form of the color.

Honored Contributor

When you think about it, it doesn't matter if they show the all the colors of the garment in the presentation or not.

You are still seeing the product on TV.  Everyone"s TV or monitor is set up differently,  

Sometimes the host is showing the same color as the vendor who is at a different location and the item is not showing to be the same color, even though it is the same.

There is no way unless you are there in person to know exactly what the true  color is.

Honored Contributor

They are doing the best they can, imo.

There is probably a good financial or logistics reason for it.

I always say 'leave well enough alone'.  Things could be worse in the vast scheme of things.  TV shopping and otherwise. 

I don't mind seeing the color choices in their online-tv views.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

They show the colors on a

"video-taped" 

@Kachina624 

You have a VHS or BETA VCR?  Thought they quit making them a couple decades ago, along with the tape cartridges. I'll be danged! 

hckynut 

I

hckynut(john)