Honored Contributor

@qvcfreak 

Glad it all went well for you and no polyps. Groggy, what Anesthesia did they use? Last one I had they used Propofol as they did with my 5 Double Balloon Enteroscopies. No grogginess with me, nothing like Sodium Pentothol.

Every 2 years, don't know anyone on that schedule, but several on an every 5 year repeat.  

Every 2 years, if you are much younger than me, you might reach my total of 15 at the present time. Will I need more? Time will tell. Stay well,

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you @lmt  Im so glad you’re polyps haven’t been cancerous. Glad you’re being proactive. Stay safe.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @hckynut  It just says IV Conscious Sedation. My previous Dr moved so this was a new Dr for me. After the procedure 5 years ago, I was up and ready to go, this time when they came in and asked me to get dressed I couldn’t even open my eyes, asked for another 5 minutes they gave me 10. 

She came back in, I still wasn’t ready but I stumbled out of bed and got dressed, no idea when they had brought me back to my room. They wheeled me out and I just felt tired and off until the afternoon. Very different experience. 

And Yes, I go back in 2023

Honored Contributor

My dad was diagnosed with early Stage II colon cancer at 54; 20 years later it came back Stage IV with metastasis to his liver.   He survived the 2nd surgery but never left the hospital after acquiring a common staph infection that shut down his kidneys.   

My brothers and I promised each other to be diligent with our testing, and in the 17 years my dad has been gone, I've had 4 colonoscopies.   My colonoscopies are done by the same Dr. who took care of my dad, and he understands my concern.  

Once I reached 54, I started asking for testing every 3 years.  My Dr. always tells me to just call the office when I'm ready for the next one, and I do.   

Both brothers are keeping their promise and testing every 5 years.   

Esteemed Contributor

My Mom was stage 4 and it has metastasis to her kidney. She had treatment for a little over two years before she passed.

My siblings all get tested as well @RedTop Good luck and I pray your tests are always clean.

Honored Contributor

My colonoscopy will be due later this year.  It runs rampant on both sides of my family so I go every 5 years without fail.  My brother had his first age 50 and had half his colon removed due to cancer.  He just turned 65 and is doing great.  Cathing it early is key.