Esteemed Contributor

Yesterday under "what are you doing today" I posted I was prepping for Colonoscopy for this morning. Some of you offered prayers and asked for Update.

I am home, no polyps but because I'm getting older and nearing the 10 year mark of when Mom was diagnosed now I have to go every 2 years. I'm a bit groggy but I'm doing well. But I wanted to give update and say "Thank you" to our little family here on the Q-boards. 

Trusted Contributor

@qvcfreak  Glad you received a clean bill of health but sorry you have to go every 2 years.

Honored Contributor

Doesn't Medicare just pay 80% for one every 10 yrs.?

Do they make exceptions ?

Esteemed Contributor

Best meal ever after a colonoscopy! Glad all went well. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@SharkE 

I think that might depend on your past history - polyps found or history of other cancers.  From what @qvcfreak  said about her mother, maybe family history counts, too.  I'll be watching to see what she has to say.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Medicare will pay every 24 months if you are considered high risk !!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I don't have medicare @SharkE , not quite old enough. I have Blue Cross Blue Shield and yes, exceptions are made when its very close in family, my Mom passed of Colon Cancer.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree @LuvmyLab  but if I have to do it, I will. Especially after seeing what my Mom went through. Thank you so much. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm glad everything went well @godi and I just had a breakfast taco but for dinner I'm having my calzone with a side of flatbread with Artichoke dip, Mmm can't wait. 

Esteemed Contributor

Glad you are doing well.  I remember all too well doing my prep - and it was awful.  They did not find anything in me that I recall.  But for some reason they wanted me to do it again in 7 years, which will be in the next year or two.  Already dreading it.  Ugh the things we have to do when we get old!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead