Respected Contributor

Colin Powell Has Passed Away

At age 84 of complications from COVID.  It was posted in the Mom to Mom thread but I thought it should also be posted here.  He was fully vaccinated but was immuno-compromised.

Honored Contributor

Re: Colin Powell Has Passed Away

I am sad to learn of his passing.  He was a man who had the courage of his convictions, I have a good deal of respect for him.

Well done soldier.

Blessings and Peace to General Powell and his Family.  🇺🇸

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Regular Contributor

Linmo, I know, didn't t realize I was in mom to mom forum when posting. Thanks for reposting in the right forum.

Ollie 5

Valued Contributor

I was so sad to learn of his passing.  He was such an intelligent and dignified man.  The country has lost a really good man.

Honored Contributor

Yes, he was a very good person, how sad we lost a great human.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

I always thought he would have made a good president.  I was lucky enough to attend one of his speeches many many years ago.  He was asked if he would ever run and he said no.  He had promised his wife he wouldn't.

RIP

Honored Contributor

Just now I went online and saw the abysmally sad news on the MSN site.  I burst into tears.

Such a wonderful, accomplished and noble man.  There never are many people with these golden attributes to begin with, and he stood out from that select group.  His absence will be sorely missed in this troubled world.  He was a North Star for decency.

The bell definitely tolls for all of us with his passing.

May he rest in peace.

Honored Contributor

I heard this morning ,his wife did not want him to run for president,   must say,i can see why,for many reasons.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

His was a difficult role. Even so, he was always so poised, even under fire, with such dignity. He was a kind, thoughtful man, who clearly took his role seriously. He gracefully owned the good and the bad decisions.

Maybe a bit too serious. He always seemed to have a sad affect. I often wished I could see him break out in laughter, but he was too controlled and serious to do so.

There's no question why he moved up the ranks in the military the way he did. He was a stellar representative.

May he RIP. 

Respected Contributor

Rest In Peace, Colin Luther Powell 1937-2021