Valued Contributor

Why are the hosts so close to the cameras? Or vice versa. I really find this difficult to watch. Am I the only one.

Honored Contributor

Maybe because they are showing a make-up line and the viewers want to see what it looks like.  

Respected Contributor

@DJP wrote:

Why are the hosts so close to the cameras? Or vice versa. I really find this difficult to watch. Am I the only one.

The close-ups to me show how caked on the makeup is. It's helpful.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@DJP wrote:

I have noticed this on Q but not the other channels.  

Esteemed Contributor

The hosts are paid to present a product, connect with the audience, and influence sales. A close-up is sometimes necessary to do that; flaws and all. Imperfections are easy to conceal from a distance with a filtered lens.😁 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

Re: Close- up shots

[ Edited ]

@DJP  - I read a thread recently where Jane T. did a makeup show where her face consumed the entire tv screen for the entire show.  I didn't see it, but that would seem like a bit much.

Esteemed Contributor

Shoving their faces into the camera does neither the hosts nor the product any favors.   Whichever executive came up with this programming scheme needs to be replaced, IN MY OPINION,  OF COURSE. 

Trusted Contributor

These close-ups seem to be on a number of shows now, not just on the beauty and makeup.