Honored Contributor

Until about 10 years ago the area where I live was totally homogenis. I live near 3 universities and the college professors couldn't believe that there was no one of color in the area to speak of. I don't think you have to be college educated or well traveled to treat all people with the respect and courtesy we all desere as human beings. People are taught to hate and fear people, places and things usually at home.

Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

I don't know how the discussion got to other ancient peoples but to answer Marp's qustion - yes.  People who live socially sheltered lives don't know differently because they aren't exposed to anything different.  However, they can broaden their horizons if they choose. 

There's some belief with some in the archaelogical communities that the Egyptians made it here as far as Arizona. 

Unfortunately there is no evidence of that and it's not something accepted by mainstream archaeology.

They would dismiss it.  Many people dismissed the "now founded" truth that all of mankind began in Africa.  That's not a surprise to me.  If this is an established truth, (by mainstream archaeology) it most certain has the potential to have some credence.

I will say this, and leave it alone: If the descriptors given in the Bible of Jesus' image is true, I'm not willing to dismiss any of this.  I will continue to read up on it and either accept it or reject it.  

One good thing about all of this is that we are "free" in our thoughts and beliefs and no one can take that from another.

@itiswhatitis

That's my point.  It is NOT an established truth by mainstream anthro or archaeology. 

Proof in this case would mean artifacts found somewhere in the US which could be dated to prove someone was here long ago.  Even garbage left behind counts, they did not have disposable containers back in the day.

There is no proof, not even a suggestion of evidence, just conspiracy theory stories.

BTW, no well educated person does NOT believe human beings began in Africa, that has been proven so many ways.

And now we know, with proof that Caucasians are part Neanderthal.  2 to 4% usually.

I guess you don't mind referring back to a good source you used upthread

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/how-africa-became-the-cradle-of-humankind-108875040/?no...

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2015/09/150911-hominin-hominid-berger-homo-naledi-fossils-ancesto...

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/africa-is-humanity-s-birthplace-audio/

Your insult wasn't necessary as you attempt to supress information that might be of interest of others.  It is extremely clear that this what you are attempting to do.  I will comment no further.

@Noel7, please do not respond to "me" again.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis

Sorry you think I insulted you, I certainly did not mean to.

Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis

Now you've lost me.  I agreed with your statement that we all came out of Africa.

Honored Contributor

Thankfully, there is no way to suppress information on these boards, even if someone did want to try.

And luckily, we are all free to disagree with information that is incorrect.

Respected Contributor

@Marp wrote:

Do you think people that grew up in or live socially cloistered lives tend to be more inflexible in their thinking, tolerance and acceptance of differences than those from more diverse communities?

For the purpose of this discussion "socially cloistered" means an environment where nearly everyone has the same background and exposures that would limit how they see society beyond their individual experiences (i.e., I've never seen/heard that, who would think that way, that can't be true).

@Marp

In general I think "yes" .

Some people cloistered away will still be curious and

might try to learn on their own but in general 

especially if minds are stifled when we're babies

and children it's easier to be unflexible and intolerant

or very suspicious of anything or anybody that

is "different" to what we're used to.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Esteemed Contributor
I think you have to be open minded and have an open heart. You have to be nurtured by those who are empathetic to the suffering and history of others.

Living the Golden Rule never hurt anyone.
JMO.