Super Contributor

Has anyone else noticed that QVC raises their clearance pricing. Been following an item on clearance and today it is $4 higher in price.  Strange practice! 

Contributor

I have noticed the same thing - I have been following one item which is on clearance and the price is jumping all over the place, right now it has risen to the price it was three months ago. This is referred  to as dynamic pricing - Amazon prices can change on a dime and I think QVC is trying to follow the same model. However, the customer base of QVC is far smaller than that of Amazon so do not believe the algorithms would be as reliable.

Most stores, once an item goes on clearance, it usually continues to be marked down until it sells - never seen a retail store raise the price of a clearnace item, other than for special promotions, i.e. Macy's sales where you can take a specific percentage off sale and clearance prices for a limited time period.

Respected Contributor

I don't shop the Q any longer but have quite a few items on my wish lists at Macys.  The sale and clearance prices are always bouncing around. Kind of a game/distraction to logon and see what price an item is at on any given day. 

Regular Contributor

@GAC65 

Yes! I have items in my watch list that go up instead of down in price, despite being on clearance.

Also, when they offer free shipping, they raise their prices to make up for the shipping.

Silly games...

Honored Contributor

has been going on for a long time on QVC and on other retailer websites. nothing new.......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@skincaremaven wrote:

@GAC65 

Yes! I have items in my watch list that go up instead of down in price, despite being on clearance.

Also, when they offer free shipping, they raise their prices to make up for the shipping.

Silly games...

this is not always true.....in fact for me, it is very rare.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

I rarely shop on Q anymore except for things I can't get elsewhere. Had my eye on a small-sized L&L set for my DIL who just had a baby...that size is great. It was marked down to around $10 and the shipping went up to $5.50. Deal breaker for me. Now the price is way up and shipping stayed the same. Not buying. 

Esteemed Contributor

I too have tracked the prices of certain items and they bounce all over the place.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason for the changes.  This must be done by some sort of program.  Sometimes the prices are just pennies higher or lower than it was before.  Makes no sense whatsoever.  I am always watching to see if something I bought within the last 30 days is now a lower price.  And you can bet I ask for a price adjustment, no matter how small the difference.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@GAC65 wrote:

Has anyone else noticed that QVC raises their clearance pricing. Been following an item on clearance and today it is $4 higher in price.  Strange practice! 

@GAC65    Its not strange; all retailers constantly play games with pricing.  They also bring in lesser quality merchandise made to sell cheap and offer it at "clearance prices".  Department stores are famous for doing this.  Be suspicious when you see a clearance item with no reviews on QVC.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

Yes, over the weekend there was this ring already clearance priced but the price increased to $8.00 more plus additional $2.00 shipping/handling for today's gem day.