Esteemed Contributor

I am a retired dental assistant and also had an implant done due to an accident.   Do yourself a favor and go to a board certified oral surgeon or periodontist.   Mine too took about a year with the bone grafting and I had a beautiful result.  They are costly and involved but take the time necessary for proper healing and you will be happy with it I'm sure.  

Regular Contributor

Thank you All!  Very good advice.

Honored Contributor

Am I the only one thinking this was about a pregnancy test?!

🙃

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't know anything about dental implants til a friend and then my great aunt got them. 

If they fail in most cases you are out of money. I have heard some dentist will cover it but that is rare. I do know that most with diabetes don't heal as good as they used to and some have real trouble with healing. That would be a serious consideration because that would directly affect if these take or not. I also know that many dentist refuse to do them if a patient smokes because that affects healing as well. 

I would feel very uneasy paying that much money and knowing they may not take. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

I just went to their website and this takes months too. You get the implants and have to wait for that to heal. This is different than implants though it says because instead of getting each individual tooth you get 4 implant posts and get what looks to be like a denture that screws into those four posts. This was a picture i got from the website. When they say one day they are not including getting the implants and waiting for them to heal, just the day you get your new choppers apparently.

all-on-four-implants

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

Am I the only one thinking this was about a pregnancy test?!

🙃

@sidsmom, lol!  Reminds me back in the day sweat popped out on my upper lip during one of those tests!  False alarm, however I got a kick out of your post!  

Honored Contributor

Re: Clear Choice

[ Edited ]

My husband had this done at Affordable Dentures, is in the healing process and goes back for his implants in early October.  He had radiation therapy several years ago and it ruined his teeth, he had no choice.  At the very beginning he ate soup I pureed and now can chew, he had it done in May.  They had him come back every couple weeks to check the sutures and the fit of the temporary dentures.  He didn't have a lot of swelling but did have bruising from the bottom implants, he chose to have 8 instead of 4.  He did have pain but nothing like he was experiencing before all were removed, some from the radiation were very lose.  We both are happy he had it done..

And let me add, he had his impression made the day prior to his main appointment..  we got there bright and early, by that afternoon he had his temporary dentures in and we came home.  Now don't get me wrong, we still had some bleeding but he drank ice water and gradually day by day, things started getting better.. and he did have pain and there were a few rough days but we kept looking back at the pain that never stopped from his ruined teeth. His Doctor said she sees a lot of radiation therapy patients.  It was a lot more costly than we imagined but he chose top of the line everything.  They didn't take our dental insurance either but they filled out all the paperwork and they paid for his dentures.. 

It's a lot to go through but worth it as you're healing.. he'd do it all over again.. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee