Honored Contributor

It doesn't bother me. There was a time (not that long ago) when we didn't see the decorations until around Thanksgiving, so it was fun to keep them up for a while after Christmas. Now, as others said, since they seem to be in our face starting in July, they lose some of the magic.{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I cannot believe I've seen Christmas trees on the curbs (already) this morning.

Super Contributor

do what you want in your own home and let others do the same. christmas decor up until june doesn't mean you care more about the season than someone else does. the REAL reason for the season is not about shiny lights and ornaments anyway.

Respected Contributor
On 12/26/2014 dooBdoo said:

It doesn't bother me. There was a time (not that long ago) when we didn't see the decorations until around Thanksgiving, so it was fun to keep them up for a while after Christmas. Now, as others said, since they seem to be in our face starting in July, they lose some of the magic.{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Well said and I completely agree with you.

Frequent Contributor

For years, I used to leave the decorations up until January 6. Now, I like to have the Christmas lights for New Years Eve....and then take things down on New Years Day. I have really simplified my Christmas decorating over the last few years, so it's not such a gigantic chore to put it all away...LOL.

Honored Contributor
On 12/26/2014 Pook said:

The holiday season isn't even over yet. What about Epiphany and Russian Christmas?? The decorations go up way too early then poof! They should at least keep them up until New Years.

What about Chanukah or Kwanzaa?

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Super Contributor

Why would it bother anyone? Christmas is over.

Super Contributor
On 12/26/2014 lulu2 said:

I cannot believe I've seen Christmas trees on the curbs (already) this morning. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

I took all of my stuff down today. I've had it up since early November, so it's time.

Honored Contributor

I say to each their own. I usually keep mine up until a day or 2 after New Years.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Super Contributor
On 12/26/2014 Pook said:

The holiday season isn't even over yet. What about Epiphany and Russian Christmas?? The decorations go up way too early then poof! They should at least keep them up until New Years.