Respected Contributor

@aroc3435 

Nice.   I'd enjoy that too.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 Oh pretty and thank you for the little story about it. I LOVE hearing about things like this.  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  That tree looks majestic where it is....makes me sad it's going to DC. There are no words.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise. Me too.  I wish they just left it where it grew.  I have one in my front yard but it's a far cry from this one, probably because I don't water it and it's  so dry where I live.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

It's majestic.  I do wish they would consider transplanting these beautiful trees instead of chopping them down.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  I will think of you, and your state, when I see this beautiful tree. Thank you for sharing this

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 , every year my city sends a huge Christmas tree to Boston.  The tree chosen this year comes from my home county...see below.  In times of emergency, it is not uncommon for international borders to disappear.  Reciprocal assistance is a way of life between Eastern Canada and the New England states.  LM

On December 6, 1917, two ships collided in the Halifax Harbour, causing a devastating explosion. It killed nearly 2,000 people and left hundreds injured or homeless.

Nova Scotia will never forget the support, kindness and quick response the people of Boston provided after the explosion. To say thank you, the province gives Boston the gift of a Christmas tree ever year.

Respected Contributor

This has always bothered me .. the same with Rockefeller Center..

I hate the cutting down of trees ....

Honored Contributor

@Big Joanie wrote:

This has always bothered me .. the same with Rockefeller Center..

I hate the cutting down of trees ....

trees have a lifetime,

and most of the trees for the Rock Ctr are chosen carefully

and saves the family alot in taking them down.

bothers me when people don't care of their trees on their property and whine about the weather when they fall down into their house or a neighbors 

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom. What a beautiful story.  I never heard of that incident.  Too bad we, in the Southern states, don't do so well with Mexico.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment