Honored Contributor

Today they cut a beautiful 60 ft. Blue Spruce from the Carson National Forest in New Mexico which will stand on the grounds of the US Capitol to serve as one of the National Christmas Trees.  It will ride to Washington in a big red box to protect its branches on a trailer pulled by a beautifully painted tractor.  I hate to see it cut and sent away but we're very proud of it.

20191106_181641(0).jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Beautiful! I always love to watch it roll up. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

Wow - that is a beautifully shaped majestic tree. 

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624   And you absolutely should be proud for your state's contribution to our nation's capital.  

Since I now reside in DC I will be visiting it.  The workers do such a lovely job of assembling it and it brightens the dark winter nights.  I am always sad when it and the other lights are taken down in the new year.

Respected Contributor

Beautiful!

Respected Contributor

@aroc3435 They should leave it up all year.   That's one place that could use some brightness.

Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas Tree

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624  If this is to be the Capitol tree, you can at least take heart in the fact that natives and longer term area transplants know that's the tree to see. Always far more beautiful than that thing they put up at the Ellipse. If, however, it's destined to be on the Ellipse as part of the Pageant of Peace, well, what can I say, it's still an absolutely beautiful tree... I too hate to see such majestic trees cut down for a few weeks of ho-ho-ho...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas Tree

[ Edited ]

That's a beautiful tree!  If it goes to the Ellipse, I hope the decoration is better this year.  In recent years, you couldn't see the tree at all - it was like a large cone had been fitted over it.

NCT.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Bridgegal   There is a beautiful complex that is in downtown DC that is a mixture of condos and stores and restaurants (name escapes me) that has a tree lighting and has white lights on the bare branched trees.  The Christmas tree and its lights are taken down but the clear lights in the plaza/courtyard space stay on in the evening year round.  

Always makes me smile.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 

I agree, I hate to see these beautiful trees cut down each year.  I wish they could just transplant a tall beautiful permanent tree that gets decorated each year.

Your state's tree is gorgeous!

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.