Trusted Contributor

Just wondering if people actually decorate their tree this early.   Personally I can't even imagine putting up my tree in the middle of summer.   Mine goes up Thanksgiving weekend.    

Honored Contributor

I don't even do a tree now. I put up the Creche when advent starts ,and slowly fill the manger each week ,with animals  and people. The Christ Child goes in  last on Christmas Eve

Valued Contributor

We put ours up after Thanksgiving.

My SIL puts her tree up in October.  LOL

Trusted Contributor

Re: Christmas Tree

[ Edited ]

Just was curious as I looked at Lisa Robertson's facebook and it seems she is already decorating.   Way too early for me... I know someone that use to leave hers up all year!!

Trusted Contributor

Cherry happy to see you back posting.   Hope you are doing better

Honored Contributor

I bought the tree recently QVC offered (last year I bought it, never opened the box and sent it back).

Hopefully, this year I will at least set up the little 5 ft tree.  I'm posting here because I like just lights on the thing!  This new one is supposed to have lots and lots of lights.

I have plenty of bulbs and stuff but I think they make the tree look ummm...messy?  My girls go away for Christmas so it's just me and it's mainly one day.

I find it hard to believe people put a real Christmas tree up this early but as I've gotten old(er) I am way less judgmental and I feel like everyone does what works best for them.  Maybe some people feel they need the 'cheer'.  Today everyone needs different things to cheer them...who am I to judge what makes another person happy and who does it hurt?  Right?

I will say years ago I have one of those fake huge trees in a pot in the corner in the TV room.  My late husband put tiny lights on it.  I never plug it in, but I could if I wanted to and guess what?  I sure wouldn't feel weird or guilty because that would mean I'd need the cheer right about then.....

Trusted Contributor

I admit in the past I have, but it was the smaller tree that goes in the den in the back of the house.  I decorated it in a woodland theme and kind of liked the looks of the birds and things.

This year I'm passing on the tree.  I decided to spend Christmas alone (well, not really ~ I'll have one of my dogs with me) at a rented cabin in the mountains.  My husband couldn't care less about Christmas and my family (what there is of it) is crazy so I made my plans and I'm sticking to them!

Given that, it seems silly to go through all the work if I'm not even going to be there.  :-)

Trusted Contributor

@Julie928  Actually your tree sounds perfect.   Even spending Christmas in a cabin alone (with your dog) sounds very relaxing.  Christmas can be so stressful... hugs to you..

Super Contributor

Lisa has left one tree up in her master bedroom all year- the ones she is decorating now are to showcase her merchandise that she sells on LisaRobertson.com- she also does a live facebook chat every sunday night at 7pm est for an hour to chat about her weeks workth of merchandise- she has been doing this now for 2 years and seems to have quite a following, not sure if all those people buy as alot of her merchandise is very pricey - she sells fake flowers for about $50 which is alot higher than what you can get at the craft stores- she travels alot to get merchandise and always does remotes from where she is at- her group has planned a cruise next april also- it is very interesting how she is turning a nice hobby into a business- i guess it is called reiventing yourself

Respected Contributor

@Julie928

If I'm understanding this correctly, you will be spending Christmas alone in a cabin while your husband will be spending it alone at home? I can't imagine doing that as it would make me very sad to be apart from my husband on Christmas day but I guess it's whatever people are comfortable with.