Super Contributor

Re: Christmas Tree Decorating

It does seem early...I heard a Christmas song yesterday on the radio.....I am not a very Christmassy person so Ireally think its waaaay too early....I have a friend who put her decorations up the day after Halloween...she had a baby two weeks ago so maybe its the hormones..lol..

I like Thanksgiving so I am decorated for that ...then on the Saturday I will get to Christmas.......this has been a challenging year so I am forcing myself to celebrate and decorate for everything !  

Trusted Contributor

My tree inside is up and has been for 2 weeks.  Been a rough year and it may be the only thing I put up.  Since now it is just me and a new kitty, I don't care what others thinks.  I may just leave it up, who knows.

As for Hallmark Christmas movies.  I never get tired of them and am thrilled they are on 24/7.

Also yes I do love all the Christmas programming on QVC and HSN.   I kind of wish starting in January once a month untIl July they would do a Christmas show or two.  I would LOVE it.

Honored Contributor

We've decided not to get our "Hanukkah Tree" out of the attic and decorate it. It's a lot of work and no one will be visiting during the holidays.

The tree got set up in the living room which is now my "quiet room". There's still room for it in the corner, but just don't see the point. Maybe this is just not the year to be in a festive mood. 

Honored Contributor

A few nights ago when I took my dogs for a walk after dinner, I noticed that two neighbors had trees lit up inside their houses and visible through the windows.

Many people in my area have started to put up their outdoor lights.  It is so much easier when the temp is 70 degrees, instead of freezing out, especially if they have to climb up on the roof.

Esteemed Contributor

I say kudos to all who are decorating early!  I am also in the north east and what a beautiful week of weather!   70's and holding........In this part of the country you have to get out there and do it while you can because you know how it is here, if you don't like the weather, just wait a minute!

Seems many are decorating early and I believe it's good for the soul Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

With everything that has happen this year I think it's just fine putting up decorations. Besides I think a person can decorate their home when ever they feel like it. What's early for some might not be for others.

Honored Contributor

I think it's the really smart people who use these last nice warm days in November to put up their outside decorations.   

Respected Contributor

The weather is exceptioally warm  here so Outside lights are going up this weekend.  I have a few days off work so I put my artificial tree up today.  No need to Light up the thing yet except to make sure it lights.  Now I can take my time with decorating it. 

To each their own.  One never knows what's coming down the pike so don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today.