Respected Contributor

I looked outside about 30-45 minutes ago and saw a neighbor putting lights and decorations on an outside tree.  The tree was very pretty when lit but it is so early.  I am already tired of the Christmas movies on Hallmark TV.

Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas Tree Decorating

@KatieB 

Maybe this year has been so crazy and the last few days worse...your neighbor decided to start putting her decorations up for some happiness!

I know there are quite a few in our area who have their lights lit on their houses.

Although, I don't watch Hallmark movies ever (too cheesy) I know a lot of people do...good for them!

Spread the joy  -- most stores have been decorated for months🎄🎄🎄

Honored Contributor

It's unusually warm here in the Northeast, and will be for the next 5-7 days, so it's a good time to put up outdoor lights and decorations.  I'd put the lights up now, but leave them off until after Thanksgiving.

Honored Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

I looked outside about 30-45 minutes ago and saw a neighbor putting lights and decorations on an outside tree.  The tree was very pretty when lit but it is so early.  I am already tired of the Christmas movies on Hallmark TV.

Maybe they just want something to cheer them up.  Good weather for it.

Esteemed Contributor

I noticed lights going up around my son's modest, downtown neighborhood. A lot of families are lighting up large trees and front porches. It's pretty when I drive through. 

My maintenance-provided patio home area has many back porches, decks and courtyards lit up all year long with clear bulbs. I like it. When we update our porch, we'll add permanent lights. 

As mentioned, 2020 has been a tough year. Whatever harmless, lovely thing that makes you happy.   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@KatieB It's a great idea. We all need something cheerful these days. It's not too early!

Honored Contributor

It's great weather to do it.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Nice this week where I live and neighbor did same.  Good time to do it.  We on the other hand wait until we practical freeze to death to do.  Go figure.

I am just not feeling it yet and think Thanksgiving weekend is when we will begin to decorate.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I belong to a Dept 56 Village group and most of them already have their villages up....

I am starting mine this weekend.....My trees are going up too...

Super Contributor

A lot of people do it while it is still mild outside, but don't turn them on until Thanksgiving and after.