Super Contributor

Christmas Day prigramming

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas Day prigramming

Giving in to what?   They'll probably run pre-recorded programs for anyone who wants to shop.  

Respected Contributor

I thought they just ran a video of a log burning in a fireplace. 

Respected Contributor

I never want anyone to be forced to work on Christmas. For those who do not celebrate Christmas, it is a guaranteed day off to rest, relax, and take pause. For those who do celebrate, they can be home with their families as they should.

If you happen to see a random coffee shop or restaurant open, I knew a manager for a major coffee chain. Employees volunteer and sign up to work on holidays. They are paid overtime/holiday wages. I do not know if that is still true today, but I hope that is the case.

Honored Contributor

Years ago I remember the video w/Rick and his boys. It was so adorable. I think they were making cookies.

Trusted Contributor

@On It wrote:

I never want anyone to be forced to work on Christmas. For those who do not celebrate Christmas, it is a guaranteed day off to rest, relax, and take pause. For those who do celebrate, they can be home with their families as they should.

If you happen to see a random coffee shop or restaurant open, I knew a manager for a major coffee chain. Employees volunteer and sign up to work on holidays. They are paid overtime/holiday wages. I do not know if that is still true today, but I hope that is the case.

@On It 

While your sentiment is very nice there are MANY jobs which simply have to work on Holidays no way around it - Nurses, ER Doctors, Police, Ambulance, Firefighters etc.  As much as we would all like the world to stop on this one day there are many people we need to work otherwise the rest of us would be impacted.

Esteemed Contributor

And while I am a Christian, not everyone is.

And people have their own ways of celebrating, different needs.  And recognizing that is a Christian thing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

OK,  I obviously missed something.  What happened to the OP?

Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch I saw the original post this morning, it was something like "QVC going neutral" or some bizarre thing because they were not doing Christmas programming this year.  Then later she edited to remove it.   I don't think they've done that in a few years now, they just show prerecorded shopping shows like HSN did during the hurricane they had this summer.  

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch I saw the original post this morning, it was something like "QVC going neutral" or some bizarre thing because they were not doing Christmas programming this year.  Then later she edited to remove it.   I don't think they've done that in a few years now, they just show prerecorded shopping shows like HSN did during the hurricane they had this summer.  

@LindaSal Thanks. All I remember is the fireplace scene all day.  No big deal, IMO.