Honored Contributor

Looks Like Other Customers Are Unhappy About Free Shipping for New Customers

[ Edited ]

The following statement is from a review of NYDJ jeans.  This is what she said about the free shipping. I removed her review of the jeans.

"I am not happy with the new promotion that if you are a new customer, you get FREE SHIPPING on all purchases until January 2023. I called customer service and complained about it. Somebody called me back and said QVC is working on it for us OLDER CUSTOMERS and they said many customers are complaining about it."

I like how they called us "Older Customers" instead of "Loyal Customers" and....

What have they done that would light my fire...a few days of free shipping for us?  

Honored Contributor

Re: Looks Like Other Customers Are Unhappy About Free Shipping for New Customers

@Foxxee    She may be unhappy about the free shipping deal but that was inappropriate to include in a review of a product.  I hope she didn't give the jeans one star for that reason.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Re: Looks Like Other Customers Are Unhappy About Free Shipping for New Customers

What "smart" marketing person thought this promotion would be an unqualified success?  Do they ever do the "what ifs" ?  If we do this, what if it ticks off some longtime purchasers?

I shake my head at the impulsiveness.

Respected Contributor

Foxee there have been several days of free shipping since November, around thanksgiving and also 2 weekends of free shipping. The majority of what I purchase ship free.

Enter free shipping in the search bar and you will find thousands of products, my search showed over 11,000 items.

https://www.qvc.com/content/featured/free-shipping-offers.html?redirectTerm=free+shipping

Trusted Contributor

The word "older" customers must have been the reviewer's word,  I doubt anyone from QVC would say that.  I'm also not sure anyone working for a large company would tell one customer that others have complained.  However, as said above, there have been so many free shipping days since that happened, I am surprised this is still an issue. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

This again, ugh. Just search Free Shipping & thousands of items are available for everyone & no Q card is needed. The FS to new customers is to grow their customer base or they'll be gone, I don't  know if it's going to work but hope so. I'm 72 & simply don't need to buy like I use to & no one in my large family shops or watches any shopping channels. I've shopped here for many years but I don't call myself a loyal Q customer, I comparison shop for the best price & always include the Q website...the best price isn't always with FS.

Trusted Contributor

Sorry, I'm not cutting QVC any slack on this one.  It annoyed me at the beginning of the promotion, and I am still annoyed.  No longer interested...

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Foxxee    She may be unhappy about the free shipping deal but that was inappropriate to include in a review of a product.  I hope she didn't give the jeans one star for that reason.

@Kachina624 

Here is her header!  You decide.

"horrible fit and shipping issues"

Her review.

"These jeans don't fit correctly. I sized down and waistband was loose. I bought two pairs and now have to pay to ship back. Amazon doesn't make you do that. And also, I am not happy with the new promotion that if you are a new customer, you get FREE SHIIPPING on all purchases until January 2023. I called customer service and complained about it. Somebody called me back and said QVC is working on it for us OLDER CUSTOMERS and they said many customers are complaining about it."

1 star rating.

I gave NYDJ jeans 1 star rating at one time, as well, because of fit.  Ordered one size down.  What did I get?  Jeans so small they would only fit a 10 -12 year old.  Legs were that short, too. They looked like capris on me! 

These high waisted only came up to mid hip on me. They were supposed to be 34 inch length.  HA!!!  I didn't like the fabric either, so I didn't fault her for a 1 star review.  

We may not like it when customers do this, but research finds when they are angry, they tell many others.  I'm not surprised seeing these types of comments in reviews. 

I don't let them bother me because I usually don't base my decision to buy something on ratings, but all 5 stars gets my attention.  I read through reviews looking for common complaints.

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee    She sounds like she's determined to gripe about something because the pants didn't fit so she loaded it on.  I went down a size and they didn't fit me either.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@zitawins wrote:

What "smart" marketing person thought this promotion would be an unqualified success?  Do they ever do the "what ifs" ?  If we do this, what if it ticks off some longtime purchasers?

I shake my head at the impulsiveness.

@zitawins 

What you said is usually done by savvy companies using Strategic Planning when they decide to do something, make changes, go in a different direction, target new markets, etc.

They do market research first.  In this case what would loyal customers think about this.  Then, they look at what would be the outcome if they did this?  They look at the worst case and best case scenarios.  Very simply, best case is obvious...many more new customers.  Worst case, loss of many loyal customers. Then companies ask is it worth it to make our loyal repeat customers angry when banking on new customer repeat buying is very risky. 

Repeat buyers keep retailers in business and successful.  It costs too much to lure new customers all the time.