Esteemed Contributor

Re: Chris Cuomo Reevaluating his Life, Occupation

[ Edited ]

@PA Mom-  I can't imagine being raised wealthy, being sent to the best schools and being in the spotlight throughout life. Having a family name that makes you proud and stand tall. Never worrying about money or if you can send your kids to college without incurring a lot of debt. Living in the winner's circle. Privileged people are tough nuts to crack and kudos to any wealthy person who lives a humble and generous life. Tough personal challenges help to form our good natures. I do believe the Cuomo men have been through a lot this year. They have  public servant and spiritual senses about them. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and hope this season gives both Andrew and Chris softer eyes. They can decide what to do with those soft eyes when the smoke clears. After all -- "To Whom much is given, much is expected."

Isn't Walden's Pond a wonderful read? I had to read it slowly the first time to absorb the wisdom. I try to pick it up every decade. Enjoy.    

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

I adore Chris Cuomo and hope he continues to feel better. I think that the shelter-at-home requirement has made many of us take a type of "time out" to think about how our lives are going and re-evaluate everything with a fresh perspective. Slowing down and taking time to think and become more conscious about how one is living their life....is surely a good thing. That's probably what Chris C has done.

Esteemed Contributor

@Elri I wrote:

Apparently, he was on Sirius XM  and divulged that he doesn't like what he does; it's not worth his time and certain things are more important than making millions each year.  

You can check it out online, if interested.  

I respect his reasoning very much.  

Elri 1

I'll respect him when he quits the job he "doesn't like."  I'm sure someone else would like to have it. 

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@jeanlake  I'll reserve my opinion of how the Cuomo brothers have handled their opportunities Not my first time with Walden. I enjoyed experiencing it with my high school honors students many years ago. But, each year informs a new reading. 

Honored Contributor

He's not even enough of a person to accept responsibility for what he said. Now, not wanting to lose his well paid job, he's blaming it on Covid-19 aka the devil made him do it. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So quit...

I seriously doubt he's living paycheck to paycheck.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain wrote:

He was outside with his family on Easter when a biker guy faulted him for not social distancing resulting in this verbal tantrum of his.

I dislike him a lot and hope CNN fires him. He is an unprofessional jerk.

@occasionalrain 

I like him a lot.

When people I find to be unprofessional, uninformed, and lacking in intelligence appear, moving attention elsewhere is helpful.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Nobody has to like or dislike Chris Cuomo, name calling isn't necessary, we have enough of that by certain people.  Cuomo is going through a very tough time as are so many with this horrible virus, I'll just wish him a speedy recovery and I can't imagine what he is going through. I pray I don't find out.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

He's not even enough of a person to accept responsibility for what he said. Now, not wanting to lose his well paid job, he's blaming it on Covid-19 aka the devil made him do it. 

@occasionalrain 

You seem to dislike Chris a bit.

I find his comments to be informative, rational, and well thought out, unlike so many others.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Hi @Elri I  I know the press latched on his rant from yesterday's show.  Like most people, I think he's not used to being sick, doesn't like being separated from his family and is getting frustrated that two weeks in and the fever just won't quit.  According to some reports today he said he's not going anywhere and loves his job.

@Bird mama 

Yesterday seemed to be the day for ‘rants’.  

Need to check the moon phase.