Honored Contributor

I envy your jelly. Isn't that a Mckenzie Child Callender? 

Trusted Contributor

@occasionalrain  Thx...it's a Mackenzie Childs everything bowl...DW

Esteemed Contributor

DH and DS Love chokecherry jelly. DH always brings some from Colorado

Honored Contributor

Re: Chokecherry Jelly

[ Edited ]

@dancingwoman 

Reminds me of canning strawberry jam with my mother. Simple fun in inviting kitchens. 

Honored Contributor

@dancingwoman 

never heard of a chockecherry and would love a schmear on a piece of toast or english muffin- i'm not choosy

the jars look great

Respected Contributor

I'm so jealous!  I love chokecherry jelly.  My mother used to make it and we put it on toast, pancakes, and PBJs.  Brings back lots of memories.  The bushes used to grow wild in the canyon above the city.  My dad, mom, little brother and I used to go up in the canyon the pick them.  The bushes are gone now and replaced by Interstate 80.

The closest thing I can find in the store is red currant jelly.

Honored Contributor

I've never heard of them either.  Your work is beautifully done!  Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

@Scooby Doo wrote:

I'm so jealous!  I love chokecherry jelly.  My mother used to make it and we put it on toast, pancakes, and PBJs.  Brings back lots of memories.  The bushes used to grow wild in the canyon above the city.  My dad, mom, little brother and I used to go up in the canyon the pick them.  The bushes are gone now and replaced by Interstate 80.

The closest thing I can find in the store is red currant jelly.

@Scooby Doo 

From your description, chokecherries grow in a hot area?

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG  We live in Colorado..our elevation is 7000ft.  So we aren't a hot area per say...now this summer during the day has been pretty warm but our nights are in the 50s..we've had good crops other years but if you don't catch them the day they ripen the birdies will...we leave all the top cherries for them..

As a kid in upstate NY we had a chokecherry bush in our yard so they must grow in different areas of the country.  DW