Respected Contributor

Re: Chocolate covered bacon !!! Yuck!

It’s 90 calories per serving. That’s hardly a diet buster.
Respected Contributor

I like it as an occasional treat- usually during the county fair. One of the bakeries here makes a chocolate peanut butter stuffed giant cupcake with chocolate covered bacon sprinkles. So good.
Esteemed Contributor

It's been very popular for years.  Not new at all.  And it's very good.  I don't like sweets, but I do love salty/sweet combos.  Lots of food combinations don't sound as though they would go together very well, but they do.

As others have said, it's only intended to be a snack/treat.  It's not an everyday food item or something that's consumed in large quantities.   And not everything has to be super-healthy.  

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't tried it, but I think it may be good. At first, I thought yuck. But, I remember making my children chocolate gravy and biscuits with bacon and that chocolate gravy was yummy with the bacon.

I think it may be a hit.

I'd like to try it.

Honored Contributor

A couple of years ago I made bacon ice cream to take to a barbecue.  Nobody could figure out what it was but everyone liked it.

Honored Contributor

I have not tried this but it sounds Yummy  Smiley Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Trusted Contributor

i'd try it after all..... it is bacon lol........ i never had choc covered potato chips either i hear they're good... i think i love all choc covered nuts too.... i hear bacon is good, its the sweet and salty i hear that makes it

Respected Contributor

One of the ladies' groups at my church puts on a "Chocolate & Friends" event every year...women come from miles around, we have music, a speaker and lots of good fellowship. The ladies of the chuch all bring chocolate items of our choosing and set up a huge buffet. Chocolate-covered bacon is very popular and disappears faster than anything else!

Regular Contributor

Haven't had any in years. Yum! Now I want some...

Honored Contributor

I haven't touched bacon in years.  I cannot even remember the last time I made a BLT sandwich.

So this would not be for me.  It's the bacon thing, which is my choice.

For those that do like bacon, enjoy! 

I also like sweet and salty, though.  Just not bacon salty.

Life is short; enjoy what you will.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh