Respected Contributor

Am reading that in China and S. Korea they have found the anti-malarial drug chloroquine is an effective treatment for those in the hospital wih CV - and it may also be a preventative .

Anyone else heard this?.

Respected Contributor

Re: Chloroquine as Treatment?

[ Edited ]

Yes.  I will try to find my source and post it.  This made me feel a bit better to hear. 

I read it on just the news dot com.  Other drugs mentioned too.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Valued Contributor

Yes - Dr. Fauci (sp?) said they will be evaluating the effectiveness of this an other antivirals.

Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Well if so, this is excellent.  Maybe we can stop this in its tracks.  Certainly hope so.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I heard that it was in combination with zinc. 

I do read some alternative websites, so can't vow for accuracy.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Early research in France has shown promise:

Professor Didier Raoult from infection hospital l'Institut Hospitalo-Universitaire (IHU) Méditerranée Infection in Marseille (Bouches-du-Rhône, Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur):

A renowned research professor in France has reported successful results from a new treatment for Covid-19, with early tests suggesting it can stop the virus from being contagious in just six days.

Chloroquine - which is normally used mainly to prevent and treat malaria - was administered via the named drug, Plaquenil.

He said that the first Covid-19 patients he had treated with the drug chloroquine had seen a rapid and effective speeding up of their healing process, and a sharp decrease in the amount of time they remained contagious.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm wondering if you get it once are you then immune from it or can you get it again?

Respected Contributor

Plaque nil is a known treatment for rheumatoid arthritis. I take it daily. It would be wonderful if it could be used to treat covid19.

Honored Contributor

@Isobel Archer -That is very hopeful news!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"