Honored Contributor

You know what goes horribly with a steak burrito ... STAPLES!!!

But, that's exactly what MMA announcer Jimmy Smith claims he found in his food on Tuesday when he took a bite out of a burrito he bought at a Chipotle in Delray Beach, Florida. 

"I took one bite and it was something hard in there and I pulled it out of my tooth and it was 14 staples," Smith says ... "A brick of staples!"

Smith -- who's called fights for the UFC and Bellator -- says he called the restaurant and "freaked out" on the manager ... because he realizes how DANGEROUS swallowing a staple could be. 

Smith also says he's LUCKY he didn't ingest the office supplies because he eats like a wild animal -- usually tearing through his food as fast as he can. 

Fortunately for Smith -- and Chipotle -- Smith says it does not appear he injured his tooth or his mouth ... or suffered any other injuries from the fully loaded burrito. 

Smith says the situation was escalated to Chipotle's corporate offices -- and he has already been contacted by a rep looking to make things right. 

Smith says he's not looking for free food or money and does NOT plan on filing a lawsuit -- he just wants the problem corrected so nobody else chows down on 14 STAPLES!!!

"This can't happen to someone else."

We reached out to the restaurant and Chipotle's corporate office for comment -- so far, no word back from either. 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

DH gets food from that Chipotle all the time!  Thanks for posting this.

Respected Contributor

Wow this is interesting because I always watch them prepare my food and have never had any issues. I wonder if the order was via drive thru or called in and delivered? Regardless, this is one reason I don't eat out that much anymore.

Just yesterday my Mom complained to Denny's that she was sick from a meal that she purchased. If the truth be told we just don't know what is in any of the food we purchase anymore.

Honored Contributor

Chipotle seems immune to the effects of bad publicity.  It's had so many outbreaks of e coli, salmonella, etc., yet keeps on going.  We joke about it when someone offers to pick up food from Chipotle.

Valued Contributor

WOW! that would be a new one for him to announce on himself. Choke Out due to Staples Woman Surprised

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Chipotle seems immune to the effects of bad publicity.  It's had so many outbreaks of e coli, salmonella, etc., yet keeps on going.  We joke about it when someone offers to pick up food from Chipotle.

That's a joke around here too.  I know of no one who actually eats there.  LOL!!

Honored Contributor

On our local news sites this morning one of the town's Taco Bells had placed a pair of box cutters on the top of a drive thru order.  The couple were very upset since children could have been the recipient.  When they went back all the manager was worried about was if there order was correct.  Taco Bell Corporate  was contacted and they have now apologized for that franchise negligence and their reaction.  Finding something actually in your food is way worse and deadly.

Family_finds_dangerous_tool_in_Taco_Bell_9_20190327031649

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

I stopped eating at Chipotle years ago, food wasn’t great. I see no reason to go back.

Esteemed Contributor

I have never eaten there....but i never would after all the numerous food problems they have had over the last couple years......last year it seemed you heard about one

food issue after another...surprised they are still in business

Respected Contributor

I've heard of people bringing icky things like bugs, hair, etc. to put on the plate so they can get a free meal.