Contributor
5 lbs of chicken for $72.50! Seriously??? Looks good but come on 😖
Esteemed Contributor

Your "free" shipping, 2 day UPS is prob $25 of the cost.

Respected Contributor

@Irishgirl555 wrote:
5 lbs of chicken for $72.50! Seriously??? Looks good but come on 😖

@Irishgirl555Item #?

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's unkind

Trusted Contributor

Re: Chicken $$$$$$!!

[ Edited ]

@Irishgirl555 I'm not sure which chicken you are referring to, I am not watching QVC tonight. However, I just received today an order of chicken patties with gravy. I am on AD for those as well as some chicken nuggets. We love them. They are really nice to have in the freezer for when you have unexpected guests. The chicken is great in salads, sandwiches or with the gravy.

My daughter and son-in-law were here last week, twice, I popped them in the air fryer and served them and both times the kids kept ranting and raving about them. They did the same thing about the patties I prepared about a year ago. In fact, my SIL loved them so much I gifted them for his birthday, an order of the chicken patties.

As someone mentioned, the chicken is not what brings the price up. Shipping frozen foods is very expensive. For my lifestyle these items work great. 

In my opinion I don't think an item should be criticized unless it has been tried by them. Again, I'm not sure what chicken you were talking about but the value is there for me and I love having them handy in my freezer. 

Respected Contributor

@cjm61  M84382

Watch the video, they looked kinda nice imo.

Honored Contributor

I would definitely pay that much for great tasting chicken - or any food for that matter - that I did not have to put a lot of prep time in.  Well worth the money if you can afford it.  Not for everyone though so just do not buy it!  I would never pay a lot of money for jewelry or expensisve handbags or even fancy vacations as I think they are just a waste but some do like these things so why criticize others for what they buy and like???!!!  Considering the packaging, dry ice, special shipping, not having to waste time seasoning and  following a recipe and  the little amount of time wasted spent to heat it up that is not a really bad price.  Not everyone can or wants to cook a delicious meal.  I know my time is way more valuable! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Chicken $$$$$$!!

[ Edited ]

@cjm61 @Pook  - I don't cook at all and having a prepared item ready to serve (or minimal prep) is worth every penny to me! 

Trusted Contributor

@San Antonio Gal I agree, if you don't really cook or like to cook many items the Q offers are great.

I actually like to cook, we rarely go out to eat. When family and friends come over I always cook something. I'm known for cooking for an "army". So having the chicken in the freezer ready to go is so handy. Many times my kids will stop over, unexpectedly, and will end up staying through dinner. 

Contributor

M85382.