Honored Contributor
On 7/4/2014 kdgn said:

Tansy, the information is on the price tag stuck to one of the pouches. Let me go check and see if anything is on an individual pouch.

I must have used that packet already, kdgn. Now that my brain is functioning I know I bought this chicken maybe a month ago so I'm safe. Thanks for the warning.
Esteemed Contributor

I believe Noel7 already posted this info two weeks ago.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor
On 7/4/2014 Love Roses said:

I believe Noel7 already posted this info two weeks ago.

The just released the dates and plant numbers involved.

Respected Contributor

Tansy- If you or anyone has purchased the chicken in question, Costco is calling with a recorded message. They are on it!

Respected Contributor

I received a call from Costco this morning. I appreciate that they did this.

Honored Contributor
On 7/4/2014 Yuban3 said:

We're four months past the use by/freeze by date of March 16 - 29.

I wouldn't trust any chicken that far past the date, no matter who sold it, or where it came from.

Yuban, that is the package date. DD got one the other day from Costco with an April 1 date.
A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Super Contributor
On 7/4/2014 hennypenny said:

I received a call from Costco this morning. I appreciate that they did this.

Considering most grocers have everyone's purchases in their databases, I think it's the least they could do. Several years ago Martins/Giant/Stop&Shop (in the Northeast) called me to tell me of a recall on meat; however, the info didn't match my purchase. I had no idea that they tracked this info (8 years ago)!

Since then, I got new grocery discount cards from my grocery stores (without filling out a new application with my info). I find it intrusive and I told them so. {#emotions_dlg.glare}

Honored Contributor

The chicken must have forgot.

Respected Contributor
Foster Farms lost my confidence when they found safety issues at the processing plant. They used to be a respected business and considered a better chicken product. I don't buy from them any longer.