Respected Contributor

@truffle wrote:

Does pet food arrive okay on hot days?  Would hate to see pets get sick from cans left ouside after travelling in hot trucks. 

Mine seemed perfect. My cat was waiting for her lunch and so she got some of the newly delivered food. She slurped away happily.

Remember, canned human food is usually held in similar warehouses and trucks, and we don't get sick unless the cans themselves have been compromised, right? 

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

What is wrong with PetSmart? I haven't shopped from Petsmarts in many many years so I don't follow what is going on with them. 

I've shopped at Chewy.com and really like them but I also really love drs. foster and smith (been shopping with them for almost 20 years now!) and they are now owned by Petco. Their heartguard prices are the best I've come across, especially during their additional 10% off sales.  Fortunately, I haven't found any change in their excellent CS and they often send me great discounts. I save so much more money shopping with them as I have to feed and treat alot of big dogs (125+lbs) over the years. 

@HappyDaze  Are you talking about Dr. Foster having the best price for Heartguard?  I use 1-800 Petmeds for mine, but if Dr. foster's is less, I will check it out.

Yes @mousiegirl they have always been cheaper than 1-800-petmeds as I comparison shop every year when I go to re-order. I always buy 12 months worth at a time though, to get the most discount. HTH!

@HappyDaze  I also get a year's supply for both pups, easier on me.  I will check out Dr. Foster's, thank you.

Trusted Contributor

I order from Chewy and I order specility food for my cat.  I have it shipped and will continue to shop from Chewy as it makes things easier.  I don't know why Chewy purchasing Pet Smart would make a difference.  I hope we will be able to do returns at Pet Smart but other than that I suspect nothing will change.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

What is wrong with PetSmart? I haven't shopped from Petsmarts in many many years so I don't follow what is going on with them. 

I've shopped at Chewy.com and really like them but I also really love drs. foster and smith (been shopping with them for almost 20 years now!) and they are now owned by Petco. Their heartguard prices are the best I've come across, especially during their additional 10% off sales.  Fortunately, I haven't found any change in their excellent CS and they often send me great discounts. I save so much more money shopping with them as I have to feed and treat alot of big dogs (125+lbs) over the years. 

@HappyDaze  Are you talking about Dr. Foster having the best price for Heartguard?  I use 1-800 Petmeds for mine, but if Dr. foster's is less, I will check it out.

Yes @mousiegirl they have always been cheaper than 1-800-petmeds as I comparison shop every year when I go to re-order. I always buy 12 months worth at a time though, to get the most discount. HTH!

@mousiegirl  I buy Heartguard from Drs. Foster and Smith, too.  I often compare their prices to KV Vet, and they are lower.  1-880-Petmeds may be different now, but a long time ago their prescription meds did not come from the United States.  I've always been leery of ordering from them for that reason.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

Funny you should bring up Chewy's, I received a huge box from them today. Love their service, I've been on autoship for 2 yrs.

Honored Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@mousiegirl  I buy Heartguard from Drs. Foster and Smith, too.  I often compare their prices to KV Vet, and they are lower.  1-880-Petmeds may be different now, but a long time ago their prescription meds did not come from the United States.  I've always been leery of ordering from them for that reason.

@NickNack  I have only bought the Heartguard.  I did notice today that Dr. Foster's is around $5.00 less than Petmeds.

Frequent Contributor

We will keep buying from them as long as their prices and service stays great! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Support your local pet supplies store; many are independently owned, and have excellent selection and prices. Do it before they disappear.

Respected Contributor

@sandraskates wrote:

Support your local pet supplies store; many are independently owned, and have excellent selection and prices. Do it before they disappear.

Thanks for saying in two lines what I took 20 to try to say.

Once those stores are gone, some of us will lose a great support in the animal community. One of the two small stores in my area is displaying rescues that can be adopted. The local vet used to do this, but stopped. We need these places. The animals need them. You don't have to buy everything there, but getting something from them regularly will help them stay afloat.

Trusted Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@sandraskates wrote:

Thanks for saying in two lines what I took 20 to try to say.

Once those stores are gone, some of us will lose a great support in the animal community. One of the two small stores in my area is displaying rescues that can be adopted. The local vet used to do this, but stopped. We need these places. The animals need them. You don't have to buy everything there, but getting something from them regularly will help them stay afloat.

You're welcome @noodleann

I do get that it is convenient to have hefty bags of kitty litter or food dropped at your doorstep.

Perhaps I'm lucky in that where I live we have many locally owned feed stores AND a few national chains. Both will feature rescues for adoption and hold clinics.

Two of the feed stores hubby and I patronize must have (no kidding) at least 25 different brands of cat food - from low-end to practically human-grade food. I don't find the prices to be out of line either. And if necessary, the staff will carry anything hefty and place in your vehicle; no tip accepted.