Respected Contributor

After having learned that Chewy has been sold to PetSmart, I've been torn about continuing to buy from them, despite their great prices and superior service. But they'd mailed me a $15 coupon for cat food, my cats needed food, and yesterday at 5:22 PM I placed an order with them.

I just heard a thump on the porch and checked tracking for the package. It was delivered at 1:18 PM, less than 20 hours after I placed it. Free delivery.

This is what's making it hard to kick Chewy to the curb. Cat Sad

Esteemed Contributor

I am continuing with Chewy and I will untill I notice a difference!

Honored Contributor

What is wrong with PetSmart? I haven't shopped from Petsmarts in many many years so I don't follow what is going on with them. 

I've shopped at Chewy.com and really like them but I also really love drs. foster and smith (been shopping with them for almost 20 years now!) and they are now owned by Petco. Their heartguard prices are the best I've come across, especially during their additional 10% off sales.  Fortunately, I haven't found any change in their excellent CS and they often send me great discounts. I save so much more money shopping with them as I have to feed and treat alot of big dogs (125+lbs) over the years. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have never ordered from Chewy but, have always ordered from PetCo ... the prices are good & delivery is fast!!

Esteemed Contributor

So far - since the purchase - there has been no change in their stellar service. I'm watching each purchase carefully to make sure that doesn't change! I've seen too many good companies go by the wayside when they're bought out. 

Esteemed Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

What is wrong with PetSmart? I haven't shopped from Petsmarts in many many years so I don't follow what is going on with them. 

I've shopped at Chewy.com and really like them but I also really love drs. foster and smith (been shopping with them for almost 20 years now!) and they are now owned by Petco. Their heartguard prices are the best I've come across, especially during their additional 10% off sales.  Fortunately, I haven't found any change in their excellent CS and they often send me great discounts. I save so much more money shopping with them as I have to feed and treat alot of big dogs (125+lbs) over the years. 

On line retailers operate differently than b&m's.- which  think of Petsmart as moreso. When I've been in their store, many of the employees don't seem to know which end is up Woman Frustrated- I hope they don't mess with Chewy's on line presence!

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

On line retailers operate differently than b&m's.- which  think of Petsmart as moreso. When I've been in their store, many of the employees don't seem to know which end is up Woman Frustrated- I hope they don't mess with Chewy's on line presence!

Oh I would never take advice from a petsmart employee- for the most part, they are just kids with no background in animal care. To me, it is simply a store to shop at, like a target or something. Certainly not a place to get animal healthcare advice. I always found petsmart and petco expensive and not competitive at all pricewise. If I do need pet supplies asap, I always go to my locally owned pet supply store instead of petsmarts or petcos. The people there are actually very knowledgeable, friendly and I like to support small, local businesses as much as possible. 

Esteemed Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

Oh I would never take advice from a petsmart employee- for the most part, they are just kids with no background in animal care. To me, it is simply a store to shop at, like a target or something. Certainly not a place to get animal healthcare advice. I always found petsmart and petco expensive and not competitive at all pricewise. If I do need pet supplies asap, I always go to my locally owned pet supply store instead of petsmarts or petcos. The people there are actually very knowledgeable, friendly and I like to support small, local businesses as much as possible. 

I wasn't asking for anything even close to pet healthcare advice!!! I wanted to know where a specific brand of cat food was....Woman Frustrated they couldn't even tell me that !!!

Respected Contributor

We love Chewy, almost all our orders arrive within 24 our order, even if ordered on a night/weekend.

We used to order from Jet.com until every delivery was a problem- the LAST time was they sent a 40 lb bag of dog food in a HUGE box with no padding the bag burst open and we had a huge box filled with 40 pounds of loose dog kibble!!

Than of course Walmart bought Jet so that sealed the deal, no more Jet for us.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@HappyDaze  Are you talking about Dr. Foster having the best price for Heartguard?  I use 1-800 Petmeds for mine, but if Dr. foster's is less, I will check it out.