Trusted Contributor

Re: Chewy Has Excellent Customer Service

Chewy's is wonderful when it comes to CS. I just got an email from them telling me my most recent auto-ship had gone out. I don't get their orders in two days like I used to but know they're always on top of things. I've shopped with them for years.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have used Chewy for several years.  All of us are very pleased with them.  

Doggies have hystericals when the big box arrives, Cats do what they do best, act indifferent 😑.

@NickNack 

Sending {{{HUGS}}} to you and Henry.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

Wow, that's awesome, @NickNack. I use them for my dog and cat food. And they have been very good to work with when I wanted to change brands or had any questions about anything. I have talked to several people there, and they have all been very nice. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I’ve been a customer for a few years. Dog food and meds on auto ship every 2 months. Have always been happy.

But my March order was not complete which has never happened before. I got the meds but no dog food. Then received an email saying it was back ordered. This was an issue for me because my state then went on lockdown which I had prepared for except never counted on not getting my dog food on time. I was forced to go shopping specifically for dog food which was what I’d hoped to avoid when I had preplanned my previous trips.

My email had said they’d automatically send it once they were restocked. By chance, I called one night to ask a question about something else and found out they did indeed have new stock but no record they sent any to me as they’d promised. So I placed a new order myself. 

In short I was disappointed. Not even sure if I’ll be receiving a full shipment of next order? Not going to count on it.

Valued Contributor

I have been using Chewy for all my cats needs since moving to Florida in 2018. I have never had a problem and the customer service reps have been very helpful amending my autoship order and resending a lost order as well. My only complaint is all the catnip is out of stock now. Who would have thought there would be a run on that?

Honored Contributor

Chewy is the best!  I received the wrong dog food in an order early this year and they replaced it for free and I donated the wrong food to the ARL.  I can't imagine shopping elsewhere.  

Honored Contributor

I used to buy my dog's food at chewy but in order to have free delivery I HAD to buy one big bag and one small bag to meet the amt which was ridiculous. I also put my order on auto. The price of my dog's brand was way more than other sites too. Not at all a good deal for me or my dog.

After further research on other sites, I quit chewy and now buy via amazon. My brand was cheaper and is cheaper yet if I go on auto delivery. Amazon = way better deal, only one 30lb bag is necessay AND cost is lesser yet for auto.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

I used to buy my dog's food at chewy but in order to have free delivery I HAD to buy one big bag and one small bag to meet the amt which was ridiculous. I also put my order on auto. The price of my dog's brand was way more than other sites too. Not at all a good deal for me or my dog.

After further research on other sites, I quit chewy and now buy via amazon. My brand was cheaper and is cheaper yet if I go on auto delivery. Amazon = way better deal, only one 30lb bag is necessay AND cost is lesser yet for auto.

Chewy has always been exactly the same price for my dog and cat food when I've compared.  I just compared the prices with Amazon, and they are the same to the penny.  I do understand not wanting to pay shipping, but I've never found the actual price of the food to be higher on anything.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

I think Chewy is fantastic.  I was receiving orders either next day or the second day.  Last time I had to wait about eight days but I don't wait till the last minute to order so no problem waiting for my order to arrive.  My dog is a bit older now and pretty quiet but she sure does get excited when the Chewy delivery arrives.

Respected Contributor

We just adopted a dog about a month ago. I ordered a bed for him from Chewy which, according to the description, had a removable cover. Turns out the cover was NOT removable. I sent an email telling them of the error in the description. I was always going to keep the bed...the whole thing is washable and my dog loves it.

I'd ordered several things besides the bed, for a total of about $200...Chewy refunded my entire order, not just the bed! I was shocked, as I never asked for a refund. That's amazing service, and I will keep ordering from them when they have what I want/need for my pets.

Oh, and they changed the description of the bed, too, so it no longer says the cover is removable.