Super Contributor
On 2/4/2015 Preds said:

They were laughing and cheering the kitty! Not one person was worried about the cat! It was bad enough when one was out, but then two came up and still no one thought to get the cat out of harms way.

{#emotions_dlg.crying}

Honored Contributor

Horrible. I completely goofed by posting this. I have always wished there was some way to retract a post.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor
On 2/4/2015 croemer said:
On 2/4/2015 Preds said:

They were laughing and cheering the kitty! Not one person was worried about the cat! It was bad enough when one was out, but then two came up and still no one thought to get the cat out of harms way.

Yes they were...that is what made me sick.

Ford...no problem...the cat did win...I am just upset with the humans cheering and laughing...not trying to save the cat.

Oh dear. That would be the aspect of it that would make me sick also. :'( That's just very sad. I'm glad the kitty won but I wouldn't be able to watch something like that.

That's what a lot of people do now - they video stuff where others are at peril instead of helping. I guess it's the 'new normal' but nobody has to like it.

No disrespect to Ford, OF COURSE! I know you posted it because the kitty wins and meant no harm. It's just the 'thing' that would bother some of us. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor
On 2/4/2015 Ford1224 said:

Horrible. I completely goofed by posting this. I have always wished there was some way to retract a post.

I don't think you meant any ill-will and if anybody thinks that you did, I am going on the record to say that they are wrong. Smiley Happy

Everybody has a way of looking at everything, through their own lens so what might hit somebody in the gut right away might not for somebody else.

Honored Contributor
On 2/4/2015 chickenbutt said:
On 2/4/2015 croemer said:
On 2/4/2015 Preds said:

Yes they were...that is what made me sick.

Ford...no problem...the cat did win...I am just upset with the humans cheering and laughing...not trying to save the cat.

Oh dear. That would be the aspect of it that would make me sick also. :'( That's just very sad. I'm glad the kitty won but I wouldn't be able to watch something like that.

That's what a lot of people do now - they video stuff where others are at peril instead of helping. I guess it's the 'new normal' but nobody has to like it.

No disrespect to Ford, OF COURSE! I know you posted it because the kitty wins and meant no harm. It's just the 'thing' that would bother some of us. Smiley Happy

Chicken these humans were totally disgusting..laughing while that cat was in harms way. Thank goodness the cat was fine...slapped the you know what out of that alligator.

Ford you did nothing to feel bad about...we were just commenting on the stupid humans. I in no way am traumatized...you meant no harm.{#emotions_dlg.wub}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor
On 2/4/2015 chickenbutt said:
On 2/4/2015 Ford1224 said:

I don't think you meant any ill-will and if anybody thinks that you did, I am going on the record to say that they are wrong. Smiley Happy

Everybody has a way of looking at everything, through their own lens so what might hit somebody in the gut right away might not for somebody else.

Yes, so true, I was looking at it from a completely different angle. Had I heard it, I would have not liked it, nor posted it. I feel the same way you all do.

Thanks everyone for your understanding.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

That video may not be as bad as it might appear. I'm wondering if that's the same one that Animal Planet aired a couple of years ago, about a cat named Mugsy who's quite a celebrity in his community, & with the gator-watching tourists, for smacking down gators who get too close. Check out "the cat who slaps gators" on youtube.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, Ford! We don't agree on everything, but I know you didn't mean this in a bad way at all so I have to speak up on your behalf, as did Croemer.

Super Contributor

I'm glad that the cat didn't become the gators lunch, but I have to wonder, if the idiots would have continued to laugh, if the cat had become the gators lunch?

Esteemed Contributor

OMG, that cat could have easily been a meal for that alligator, they can move as fast as a car.