Valued Contributor

Good idea!  All stores have this problem not Walmart alone.  Some use to give product free but now I find they just remburst the difference which I accept.

Honored Contributor

Errors upon checkout have been going on in many places for many years.  Sometimes the mistakes are the result of a computer error, sometimes the error belongs to the cashier, sometimes to the worker stocking shelves and changing signs.   Do check.

Respected Contributor

I never use the self checkout at WM...there have been too many skimmers put on the registers at our location, so I avoid them. 
I was at At Home a few days ago, and the cashier told me the planter I was buying was actually a dollar more than what it was marked....did I want to pay the extra dollar or the price on the tag. I chose the price it was marked. I notice many things at WM are mismarked....when I mention it to the cashier, they just take it off the bill and I don't get the item....never an attempt to price check or sell it for the price marked on the shelves. 

Honored Contributor

I was in Meijer this past weekend to pick up some things I know are cheaper there than Giant Eagle.  A few of the things rang up higher than marked but a few things rang up cheaper.  The problem with my Meijer location is they are putting things on shelves they don't belong on to make it look like they have more stock than they do.  You really cannot rely on their tags anymore.  I also saw that almost everything on the shelves had a limite of 1 or 2.  That was a new addition.   

Esteemed Contributor

I wanted to buy some Brookies at Safeway last night and they had one price posted and different price on item( almost $1 more).  I asked for price check and gal said price on item is correct ( without checking). My response is keep it. Especially in their bakery section, which is now routinely 2/3s empty (items don't come in).  Surely the staff in that department could check item and posted price and insure that they are thev are the same.

Honored Contributor

I always do self checkout so I can hear and see what I'm being charged.  I'm well aware of the correct price.  If I'm over charged, I head straight to customer service or ask the self checkout person to help.  I'm not holding up a line, they have about 12 self checkout lines, the only two I don't use are the ones with the belt, never liked those.

Respected Contributor

The prices change so fast now the systems are not updated to keep up with the changes...I hate buying things that are on sale, clearly marked in the ad and on the shelf, and still get charged a few dollars more ( reg price). If you mention it, they get confused and nsont know what to do...like maybe sell it at the advertised price...I usually grab a sale circular at the front of the store and have it to show them if needed. Albertsons is the worst about this. They rarely have the sale prices in the system until a few days after the weekly ad starts.

Respected Contributor

In the past I would routinely check prices at Walmart with their scanners prior to going to the checkout. Sometimes it was because no price was listed, sometimes to verify a sale price. Last time I was at Walmart was perhaps six months ago. I walked to the locations where the scanners had been in the past. Finally had to ask an employee where were the scanners. Was told they've removed them. 

Haven't been back to Walmart since.

Esteemed Contributor

@RhondaRena 

When it comes to MY money?  Do I care how long the line is behind me? NO! I have been the same all of my life. I make it a point to know what an item costs, and I watch as each one is put into the system used. If it is wrong I let it be known immediately  and want it corrected.

No belittling of the clerk, just saying what I know happened. My time, and more importantly my money, is as valuable as the people in line. How many there are is immaterial to me. Period!

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

In the past I would routinely check prices at Walmart with their scanners prior to going to the checkout. Sometimes it was because no price was listed, sometimes to verify a sale price. Last time I was at Walmart was perhaps six months ago. I walked to the locations where the scanners had been in the past. Finally had to ask an employee where were the scanners. Was told they've removed them. 

Haven't been back to Walmart since.

@Etoile308  I've had employees check the price for me with their scanner or phone while in the isle, or I take it with me until I find someone before going to the register.