Honored Contributor

Re: Chase online. Now must update iOS browser to use

@OKPrincess wrote:

I visit Chase daily and haven't had an issue yet.

@OKPrincess It depends on what iPad OS update you have. If you're updated, there's no problem. 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@OKPrincess wrote:

I visit Chase daily and haven't had an issue yet.

@OKPrincess It depends on what iPad OS update you have. If you're updated, there's no problem. 

@Mindy D  I always update when Apple sends me a reminder. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Even if you skip updating for a long time (not recommended because there are security updates in it), when you do finally update it will bring everything current.
Esteemed Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

I just went to check.  Looks like I must have gotten my computer updated since I had no problems logging into my account.

@haddon9  no problem on my side either.

Esteemed Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

We make a point to always keep our programs up-to-date. I visit Chase every day and have never had any problems.

@ID2  every day for me also. It's become a habit and it's a good habit.

Respected Contributor

No problems here.

Honored Contributor

Never skip an update.  It's very important 

Honored Contributor

I use a Mac Air laptop and love it.  I don't get along with IPad's very well.  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I use a Mac Air laptop and love it.  I don't get along with IPad's very well.  

@Sooner I have a Mac Air laptop as well (on it now).  I use this all over the house and love it!  I'm on it 90% of the time.

However I purchased a refurbished iPad mini to use for travel.  It was nice to have and so much smaller to carry when I went to Florida.  I take it with me when I bring DH to his therapy as well (I got it with cellular for easy internet access)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D wrote:

I went to pay a bill and couldn't use chase online. I was panicking. I used it yesterday. I rebooted my iPad four times. I tried to contact through their online help and that doesn't work. I found statements and got ready to call. Then I saw a notice that said to update my browser. That chase doesn't support it anymore. I had not been updating like I used to because the last update really messed up my battery. I'm in the middle of updating right now to iPad OS 16.5.  There was no problem signing in, but could not complete tasks.

Yay. My update is now completed and everything is now working fine at chase online. I was able to pay my bill there.

There's a few annoying changes I'm already seeing with the update. I usually screenshot all payments and then send them into files I've created in the Files App. The Files App now looks different and is set up differently than it was. I do not like the new set up. There are some new functions to email. I have not tried them yet. You can set a reminder telling you when to respond to an email. I don't know if the reminder will come as another email or as a banner on your Home Screen. You can set a time for your reminder.

Files App is a total disaster now. 

@Mindy D, I always install updates as soon as they're released, so I've seen the changes take place over time.

That's one of the benefits of updating regularly, so all the new features don't tend to appear all at once.

Also, the security updates are essential, especially in this day of identity theft and other nefarious perils.

(There have been 9 releases, from 16.1 in October 2022 to the current 16.5.)

I understand the desire to wait a few days, or a week or so, to install an update just to read about others' experiences...  but beyond that, they're really important to protecting our devices and, for sure, protecting our data.

There was a version that caused battery problems, but later versions resolved it.

For information about why the Files app was changed, and how to implement the changes, why not try some of the online articles or videoes?

This one would be a great start:

"How Apple's Files app is getting better in iOS 16 & iPadOS 16" (AppleInsider dot com)

I'm sorry you're having troubles.🌻

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova