Honored Contributor

Chase Merritt murder trial (McStay Family)

[ Edited ]

Closing arguments today in the case of CA v Charles Merritt. Merritt is charged with murdering the four family members in 2010.  Media wise a very low profile trial.  Hardly any news coming out of there.   I think Merritt has a chance to get off.  Hope not.  

McStay family

Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Merritt murder trial (McStay Family)

@songbird  Thanks for posting this update.  I've followed this case since news of the disappearance of the family.  After Merritt was finally charged I couldn't find news of the case status and I'd hoped he wouldn't do a plea deal.  I miss CourtTV because I want to watch trials, especially opening and closing arguments.  How would Merritt possibly be acquitted? There is plenty of circumstantial evidence against him.  

I'll watch the news and YouTube for updates.  Maybe Dateline or 48 Hrs. will do an Update because it seems forgotten since the bodies were found.  Sad sad awful crime especially against innocent children.

Honored Contributor

I've followed the trial through Websluthes.  Very little media coverage of the trial.  

I'm concerned abut the prosecution.  They've stumbled several times.  Merritt has an unethical (well I think) DT, but they been successful in picking apart the prosecution case.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BSurLife65 ....Court TV has returned as of the beginning of May,...Check with your cable company to find out if it is being carried in your area...We have Comcast and they will be picking it up as of November 1 ...I loved Court TV also and am really happy that it will be returning in our area.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Valued Contributor

@MyShadowLove @songbird   I'm glad CourtTV is coming back!  I don't subscribe to CableTV anymore, I have AppleTV.  Today I searched YouTube for the McStay Trial and discovered Trial coverage for the case.  There is an online site "Law & Crime" produced by Dan Abrams; they have live and recorded  coverage of the McStay (Merritt) trial.  The website covers numerous cases both via live trial coverage, legal discussions and current cases.  This is a great source for someone like me w/o cable.  Today they are airing closing arguments in the McStay trial, as well as legal discussions.  I still miss CourtTV, I watched it from the month it first aired and I got hooked on trials and the legal system.